Is it possible to change Fiber ISP without a break in service?

schpat

I'm kinda tired of Web Africa and I'd like to move to CISP. I tried about a year ago and WA "made mistakes" that meant they didn't give up the line so CISP couldn't pick it up and then after like 2 days without internet I just caved and let myself be screwed by WA.

The most important thing is that I don't have a break in service as I work from home.

Any advice, is this even possible?

PeterPan420

Buy a 1 week data bundle and go through with it already:mad:.

Last edited:

schpat

Buy a 1 week data bundle and go through with it already:mad:.
One week data bundle? Can you send me a link maybe?

The problem isnt the ISP as I understand it, it's the transferring of the line. I don't mind paying for an overlap. Last time I told WA to cancel immediately but they didn't release the line so CISP couldn't take over. And then they told me it was impossible to release the line immediately. And I'd have to wait a till the end of the month. And then at the end of the month they just carried on charging me and didnt cancel.

organique

I am so done with Webafrica!!! I have cancelled my line and looking to see who to move to - any suggestions guys?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
I'm kinda tired of Web Africa and I'd like to move to CISP. I tried about a year ago and WA "made mistakes" that meant they didn't give up the line so CISP couldn't pick it up and then after like 2 days without internet I just caved and let myself be screwed by WA.

The most important thing is that I don't have a break in service as I work from home.

Any advice, is this even possible?
Who is the Fibre provider, realistically the change should happen the same day.

Smiley_lauf

Expert Member
If it is Openserve, be prepared for a few days of downtime. The only advice I can give you is pester the new ISP to grab the B-number from the holding pool ASAP.

bokka1

Expert Member
I moved from Webafrica to Vox on Openserve without any break.

Guy from Vox came to my house to test everything and I entered their details in my router and everything worked immediately.

vermillon

I'm currently going through issues, cancelled my account with MWEB on openserve which took effect today, now I'm trying to get openserve to take over the line but they say openserves system is down so they can't do so :(

Smiley_lauf

Expert Member
I think in the end it is the next ISP that makes it or breaks it--Openserve is like that--that manual handover process is not efficient nor effective. With VUMA, I just login into their portal online and change the ISP...and it is done.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I'm currently going through issues, cancelled my account with MWEB on openserve which took effect today, now I'm trying to get openserve to take over the line but they say openserves system is down so they can't do so :(
Line should should still be active. Just use new isp pppoe details so long

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
An ISP might "penalize" you for leaving them and make it hard for you to move, so the idea is to get on their case before official cancellation.