Is it possible to get a duplicate Tax Invoice from Game?

Nobody Important

Executive Member
I took the original invoice to Game 4 weeks ago to hand in my toaster for a warranty repair. I was given another slip as proof that they have accepted the toaster for repair.

On the slip it says that if, after 21 days, the toaster is not repaired, it will be replaced or I will be refunded. I went to Game on the 22nd day with this slip, and the lady said she will need the original invoice to process the refund/replacement. In accordance with the First Law of Murphy, the invoice which I had faithfully kept for so long, has now been misplaced. They did make a photocopy of my invoice on day 1 but now conveniently say it is not available. My only other option is to wait until the toaster is repaired, however long that may take. It has been 4 weeks now without toast. :(

At Makro, you can produce your store card and they will print a duplicate invoice. Has anybody been able to get Game to print a duplicate by producing their credit card statement to show the transaction or similar method?

Thank you kindly.

P.S. I have learned my lesson, and now scan invoices into my dropbox for safekeeping.

Last edited:

RedViking

Nord of the South
It is because they still live in the past and will use it as an excuse not to refund you. Everything is on their system anyways, I promise you that.

"Kindly return your thanks and shove it down your toaster."

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
I took the original invoice to Game 4 weeks ago to hand in my toaster for a warranty repair. I was given another slip as proof that they have accepted the toaster for repair.

On the slip it says that if, after 21 days, the toaster is not repaired, it will be replaced or I will be refunded. I went to Game on the 22nd day with this slip, and the lady said she will need the original invoice to process the refund/replacement. In accordance with the First Law of Murphy, the invoice which I had faithfully kept for so long, has now been misplaced. They did make a photocopy of my invoice on day 1 but now conveniently say it is not available. My only other option is to wait until the toaster is repaired, however long that may take. It has been 4 weeks now without toast. :(

At Makro, you can produce your store card and they will print a duplicate invoice. Has anybody been able to get Game to print a duplicate by producing their credit card statement to show the transaction or similar method?

Thank you kindly.

P.S. I have learned my lesson, and now scan invoices into my dropbox for safekeeping.

Throw toys...

And be VERY vocal about it in the shop... the manager will give in just to make you go away.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
I wonder if a Game employee is also a forum member? :unsure:

I received a call an hour ago from a Game employee informing me that I can come through for a credit. I told the lady my story and she said just bring the warranty slip and my ID and they will sort it out. :)

The_Traveller

Expert Member
One of the reasons I prefer shopping at makro.

I bought a top of the range Samsung machine and only 5 years down the line the thing has a major breakdown (never will I touch Samsung again for home appliances). Sent my driver to makro and told them it was purchased between 2013 and 2014 and they easily reprinted the Invoice.

SGC

Thank you kindly.

I am in the same predicament, I bought a 28 inch TV from Game Westwood in KZN on 07 July 2018 @ 17h26 as per card payment SMS notification. I no longer have a receipt, the TV screen just blanked out on Friday, 09 October 2020. It can switch on (red light), the sound is there but no picture. I took it to my closest Game on Saturday 10th, at Galleria Mall (Amanzimtoti) and the service received from the guy who tested the TV was appalling, telling me how nowhere in the world I can be assisted without a proof of purchase despite the fact that I have all card payment details for the trstransaction... I was told to take the TV back with me and to wait at least for a week to request for a till slip from their head office... The TV still has a box, with a sticker on the outside showing delivery date to GAME etc.... It's close 2 weeks now Game Amanzimtoti customer service never answers the phone it's so fustrating.

I am so disgusted but at least I now know that MAKRO is the place for similar purchases... they check a purchase in their system using customer's MAKRO card.

geezer

Expert Member
I bought a 28 inch TV from Game Westwood in KZN on 07 July 2018 @ 17h26 as per card payment SMS notification. I no longer have a receipt, the TV screen just blanked out on Friday, 09 October 2020.
How long is the warranty on the TV? More than two years have passed already when this fault occurred.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
One of the reasons I prefer shopping at makro.

I bought a top of the range Samsung machine and only 5 years down the line the thing has a major breakdown (never will I touch Samsung again for home appliances). Sent my driver to makro and told them it was purchased between 2013 and 2014 and they easily reprinted the Invoice.
You don't even need to ask them anything. Sign up on their site with the card number.

Whenever we go shop there (which is once a month) they email me the invoice.

I don't even know why all companies don't do that. It's a schlep to keep invoices for 5 years as I inevitably lose it or the ink fades so much that one can't see jack on the slip.

SGC

It's a SINOTECH and comes with a 5 warranty... Great value for money - We have another TV set bought this year from Makro also SINOTECH, great value for money and longevity.

SGC

How long is the warranty on the TV? More than two years have passed already when this fault occurred.
It's a SINOTECH and comes with a 5 warranty... Great value for money - We have another TV set bought this year from Makro also SINOTECH, great value for money and longevity.

The_Traveller

Expert Member
You don't even need to ask them anything. Sign up on their site with the card number.

Whenever we go shop there (which is once a month) they email me the invoice.

I don't even know why all companies don't do that. It's a schlep to keep invoices for 5 years as I inevitably lose it or the ink fades so much that one can't see jack on the slip.
The emailing of the invoices to customers is only happening for maybe a year or so.

It is fantastic , i just add it to my dropbox via my phone and don't need to worry about scanning it anymore.