Votes: 61 15.7%
  • No - lower it

Votes: 77 19.8%
  • Other

Votes: 39 10.1%

• Total voters

neoprema

Executive Member
Any help it could have made is negated by the fact its taken so long to decide. By the time meetings are held and decisions made we'll be on the downward trend again.

I think all focus and funds should now be on vaccination and nothing else.

eg2505

Honorary Master
When you were born you agreed to the deal that you are going to ultimately die. So there’s one more way to die now, one more in a huge universe of risk you take every day.
100% this, Covid is just another way to die in a million other ways.

netstrider

Expert Member
Not sure about the % but Israel's death rate in terms of daily deaths peaked in Jan of 2021 and dwindled to almost nothing now that their entire adult population has been vaccinated as of March sometime.
Yes, the cases have remained flat for a while and if it continues to stay that way that's good news.

At the height of Israel's second wave, the most deaths in a single day were 77 on January 25.

If you compare weekly cases for the "week of Jan 11" vs deaths two weeks later on Jan 25 that's 383 deaths from 58230 cases, a CFR of under 0.7%.

1624370225321.png

eg2505

Honorary Master
Yes, the cases have remained flat for a while and if it continues to stay that way that's good news.

At the height of Israel's second wave, the most deaths in a single day were 77 on January 25.

If you compare weekly cases for the "week of Jan 11" vs deaths two weeks later on Jan 25 that's 383 deaths from 58230 cases, a CFR of under 0.7%.
don't compare a hated but functioning 1st world country to a 3rd world Sh*thole like us,
they vaccinated their entire "small" population, because they are the best in the world at "mobilizing" their population.
look at any of the wars, they mobilize quite quickly.

SA is a joke, and a bad one, where the vaccines are probably poured down the drain at the expense of the ANC Christmas party or some such nonsense.
im sure people have gotten vaccinated, but its taking far far too long and being done inefficiently as that's the ANC mantra.

netstrider

Expert Member
don't compare a hated but functioning 1st world country to a 3rd world Sh*thole like us,
they vaccinated their entire "small" population, because they are the best in the world at "mobilizing" their population.
look at any of the wars, they mobilize quite quickly.

SA is a joke, and a bad one, where the vaccines are probably poured down the drain at the expense of the ANC Christmas party or some such nonsense.
im sure people have gotten vaccinated, but its taking far far too long and being done inefficiently as that's the ANC mantra.
I'm not comparing anything to RSA. I compared Israel to Israel and so far the data seems to show your chance of dying is almost the same pre-vaccine but your chance of getting COVID is much less - assuming cases remain low indefinitely.

chrisc

Executive Member
Here in Cape Town there are signs outside many WC Health centres inviting you in for a vaccination. I know of 8 people who used this

At the Alexandra Institute in Pinelands, you could go in at 2.00 today, have your jab and be out by 2.40

LiberateZANow

They must just give everyone a Playstation 5. The problem will solve itself.

They can pay for it with that R500 billion they plundered.
Good luck on us citizens wishing those funds will be recovered.
Corruption my friend is a business on its own, these government officials are make corrupt deals left and right every day.
I even doubt if this will ever end

hashbrown99

Expert Member
The real fix is to allow medical aids to procure and distribute vaccines. Lockdowns being needed at this stage of the pandemic is just embarrassing considering how much further along so many other countries are in their vaccination process. Israel hardly has deaths anymore since they vaccinated their adult population. The deaths at this point are mostly preventable if government had not screwed up the procurement and roll out of the vaccines so epically.
A lot of problems would be solved if given to the private sector to run

Wary GOM

Expert Member
I chose other because going to a really effective lockdown means closing the country down. We already might not come out of the economic hardships caused already. However, as a political/public awareness tool, if it takes something really drastic then perhaps intense lockdown might be forced on the government. Having had immediate relatives and work colleagues die and with everyone I know with at least one near relative sick, this isn't just another 'flu.

If we are honest, there are still far too many people acting in such a way as to endanger others. Lockdowns won't educate the ineducable, make unthinking people aware or cure selfishness.

Nuke

No - remove all lockdowns and let the virus do its thing. Those who are scared or high risk can lock down themselves if they want. The sooner it burns though the whole population the better.