• No raise it to level five in hotspot areas

Votes: 61 15.7%
  • No - lower it

Votes: 77 19.8%
  • Other

Votes: 39 10.1%

• Total voters

Ntswang

level 3 is enough for because the economy of the country needs to recover, people need to work and do business to meet their needs

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
level 3 is enough for because the economy of the country needs to recover, people need to work and do business to meet their needs
How dare you.

The almighty NCCCCC reserves the right to tell you puny human who has the right to earn a living and who doesn't.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
Can anyone in Gauteng provide more insight why one of the best-resourced government hospitals in Gauteng is still not open?!
I would guess a shortage of skills and staff, don't know though. A new hospital doesn't help if there aren't enough doctors and nurses to staff it.

I would guess a shortage of skills and staff, don't know though. A new hospital doesn't help if there aren't enough doctors and nurses to staff it.
It's not a new hospital though. Built during the apartheid era. I don't think it is a shortage of skills as it's one of the main hospitals in Gauteng.

JohnMao

Executive Member
So many ponces racing around at night in their suped-up pieces of schit cars or crotch rockets...lower the curfew times for them and let them sit at home.
Also, simply police areas like Central and make sure people wear masks...that should be a small price to pay for now. It can only last so long. For the rest, no. People have to live and work, and unless the wage earners will be paid for sitting at home like the salaried among us, they will lose out.

R13...

Honorary Master
No. Don't raise anything. First ensure that there is enforcement of the current level. I read a post of social media where someone was complaining about a drinking venue that had been too full about two weekends back.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
So many ponces racing around at night in their suped-up pieces of schit cars or crotch rockets...lower the curfew times for them and let them sit at home.
Also, simply police areas like Central and make sure people wear masks...that should be a small price to pay for now. It can only last so long. For the rest, no. People have to live and work, and unless the wage earners will be paid for sitting at home like the salaried among us, they will lose out.
You know the mask thing is just a waste of time and clean air.

JohnMao

Executive Member
There's no stable, there never were any horses.

Crackdowns do not effectively counter the spread of covid from the get go. They are an inefficient, political weapon used against a population suffering the double onslaught of economic and health crises.

Implement proper and relevant medical and health interventions.
All countries basically locked down. We are just affected more due to an inability by this government to do anything right.
HOWEVER...one wonders how lockdowns affected other African countries. You never read how bad it was for them; or how many deaths they had; or if they're out of lockdowns or still under some form of it.
It's like that news simply isn't reported on.

JohnMao

Executive Member
You know the mask thing is just a waste of time and clean air.
Has it killed you though?

If not, then just wear it and at some stage we will be able to stop. Or...don't, get arrested and then a criminal record, and never be able to leave here. If that's a better option, have at it.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Has it killed you though?

If not, then just wear it and at some stage we will be able to stop. Or...don't, get arrested and then a criminal record, and never be able to leave here. If that's a better option, have at it.
I wear it because i have to. Didn't stop covid from entering my body. And with the way it's going...... herd immunity would be achieved much faster.

JohnMao

Executive Member
I wear it because i have to. Didn't stop covid from entering my body. And with the way it's going...... herd immunity would be achieved much faster.
We all do. It is what it is for now.
Masks aren't 100% accurate, but then again neither is the vaccine we would end up getting. And getting the virus doesn't mean you won't be infected again. And again. And again.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
We all do. It is what it is for now.
Masks aren't 100% accurate, but then again neither is the vaccine we would end up getting. And getting the virus doesn't mean you won't be infected again. And again. And again.
What's the facts and figures about getting it over and over and dying again and again ?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
What's the facts and figures about getting it over and over and dying again and again ?

It appears to be an incredibly rare event.

Already, there have already been several dozen documented reinfections around the world, though current numbers are almost certainly an undercount. If subsequent infections are indeed mild or asymptomatic, many of them will go undetected. It can also be difficult to establish two separate infections in the same person.

But so far, the available research suggests just a tiny subset of the more than 30 million people in the United States — and 132 million globally — who’ve had a confirmed Covid-19 case have become infected again.
On the 15 August a 33-year-old man returned to Hong Kong from Spain on a flight via the UK. The man had been hospitalised with COVID-19 back in March. Yet when he was routinely tested for COVID-19 at Hong Kong airport, he tested positive.

Scientists compared the gene sequences of the viruses responsible for each episode and detected enough differences to confirm that the man had been infected twice. This illustrates the value of molecular surveillance, or sequencing of the virus genome from individual cases, which can help scientists looking to track how the virus has spread.

IT’S A SINGLE OBSERVATION​

As stressed by Dr Maria van Kerkhove, the World Health Organization’s (WHO) COVID-19 Technical Lead, in the WHO briefing on Monday, we need to be careful not to jump to any conclusions. Over 24 million cases of COVID-19 have been reported worldwide, and this is just one confirmed case of reinfection. Studies with a much bigger sample size would be needed before we can make any predictions about what this could mean for the future of the pandemic and COVID-19 vaccines.

Other studies looking at immunity to COVID-19 have found that most people develop a robust immune response. Longitudinal studies, which follow the same people over time, suggest that antibody levels are maintained for at least a few months. However, based on evidence from other coronaviruses, it is likely that these antibody levels will wane over time - immunity to the coronavirus that causes the common cold is known to wane within a few months. Yet antibodies are only part of the complex immune response that is set into motion when a person becomes infected with SARS-CoV-2, and we still have a lot more to learn.

JohnMao

Executive Member
"What are"...i

If it ends up becoming like the flu (simplifying things here for those who don't follow), then you're either going to get it again (there have been incidences of this), or you're going to have to get vaccinated every year. Herd immunity with the various strains doing the rounds as the virus mutates might not necessarily mean what it says.
The again and again and again was simply added on for effect.