is memory stored in the brain or off site

simple_simon

Expert Member
i just love this forum.....its one of the only places where you can talk about a subject such as this and put your point of view across in terms of "techie logic" and other people actually understand what you're trying to say....if i mention this point of view to my wife like i do on this forum....she looks at me as though i'm retarded

Xarog

Honorary Master
If memories are physically stored in the brain, then there is a finite amount of 'space' in which to store memories. There is a limit.
?
As long as the sum total of existence is finite, then our capacities to store memories must also be finite. Though, even if memories are stored in the brain I suspect that we've got alot more space to store memories than the average person uses in their lifetime.

noswal

Executive Member
Memory is stored in the mind - a collection of mental images
Your mind is not your brain or your brain is not your mind

kilo39

Executive Member
Hey tibs a 'memory molecule' doesn't exclude a holographic brain (or a holographic universe.)

if i mention this point of view to my wife like i do on this forum....she looks at me as though i'm retarded
Um, I did take note of "your model" :) Ticked it off on my pad: um, and I thought I was 'out-there'. :D

If memories are physically stored in the brain, then there is a finite amount of 'space' in which to store memories. There is a limit. ?
Don't believe a holographic model necessarily states memory is stored off-site, just ever smaller shards. Till the quantum level, and beyond? :)

i have a feeling that it is stored in multiple places, not just the brain. i believe the earth itself holds a component, the magnetic grid of the earth is sort of the transmitter and then their is your dna, but not just the chemical components, i think we'll eventually "scientifically" discover that our dna stretches into higher dimensions.
Like it... as said, makes a person feel right at home. ;)

simple_simon

Expert Member
Um, I did take note of "your model" :) Ticked it off on my pad: um, and I thought I was 'out-there'. :D

Like it... as said, makes a person feel right at home. ;)
ha hahah, yes out-there is an understatement.

if only i had a large wads of disposable income to hire "scientists" to prove it.

but alas....larry and his chum....thought of the word "google" before i did