Is my 5G Signal Intensity/Quality good?

Massss

Good Evening,

Wondering if anyone can tell me if my signal intensity and quality is good or not? And what range 5G signal is considered bad, good and excellent? Been struggling with speeds recently and trying to trouble shoot if it is my router or the tower to where I am connecting.

Thanks in advance.

Rain 5G
HUAWEI 5G Outdoor CPE

5g.jpg

Moosedrool

Executive Member
It depends on how dry you cough is and if you have a fever or not.

Kiemo

Good Evening,

Wondering if anyone can tell me if my signal intensity and quality is good or not? And what range 5G signal is considered bad, good and excellent? Been struggling with speeds recently and trying to trouble shoot if it is my router or the tower to where I am connecting.

Thanks in advance.

Rain 5G
HUAWEI 5G Outdoor CPE

View attachment 822553
it looks good but ask this question in a other thread ... look where the 5g threads are active

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Good Evening,

Thanks in advance.

Rain 5G
HUAWEI 5G Outdoor CPE

View attachment 822553
Hi Massss,

Please drop us a DM with your email address linked to your rain account so we can further investigate your query?

mrlgm007

Good Evening,

Thanks in advance.

Rain 5G
HUAWEI 5G Outdoor CPE

View attachment 822553
Lets start where is better than mine but yes the 5g signal is good what speeds are you getting.

Kiemo

Damn that’s poor signal isn’t it because of congested towers

Kiemo

Hi Massss,

Please drop us a DM with your email address linked to your rain account so we can further investigate your query?
Rain I wanna no if there are towers in my area that supports 2600mhz because by the looks of it the tower I’m connected to is congested and it’s 1800mhz ...

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Rain I wanna no if there are towers in my area that supports 2600mhz because by the looks of it the tower I’m connected to is congested and it’s 1800mhz ...
You can force 2600mhz band and see if connects

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi Kiemo,

Please drop us a DM with your email address so we can have look into your query

Kiemo

You can force 2600mhz band and see if connects
But even if the tower your sim is connected to don’t support that band .. forcing it to the 2600 band does that mean it will look for a tower with that band ?

Massss

Damn that’s poor signal isn’t it because of congested towers
Not sure, Rain's customer support is pathetic at this point. For some reason my rain optimizer is giving me a different location for my tower as it was to the west now it is showing me my tower is in the east.

Star=where my original tower is
?=F*** knows where the tower is and dont know why it is shifting me theretower.jpg

Kiemo

Not sure, Rain's customer support is pathetic at this point. For some reason my rain optimizer is giving me a different location for my tower as it was to the west now it is showing me my tower is in the east.

?=F*** knows where the tower is and dont know why it is shifting me thereView attachment 822773
I have the same problem but not knowing exactly where the tower is and what band it supports that makes it hard for us

honestly rain don’t exactly tell you where the tower is they only give you a location but if you no more about the tower location and specs then they try telling you that you are correct and saying that ... so I’m not sure if they just say yes because you said so or something but I was told the tower I’m connected to is far away but if i check myself where the tower is via threads on MBB it tells me a different story so who do I believe

Massss

I have managed to locate more or less where the new tower is by shifting the address around in the optimizer. Distance is more or less the same, but to find out like you said what band the tower is running and what and why the tower has changed is near to impossible at this point.

mrlgm007

?=F*** knows where the tower is and dont know why it is shifting me there
I also jump between two towers but that my 4g signal.

what i was told the closest tower should always give you 5g and the cell ID you see if the 4g tower.

You posted one which is giveing

{
"status": "ok",
"balance": 99,
"lat": -27.794165,
"lon": 30.732611,
"accuracy": 4165,
"fallback": "scf",
"address": "D427, Abaqulusi Ward 22, Abaqulusi Local Municipality, Zululand District Municipality, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa"
}

check out
https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/rain-tower-location-pm-me-your-cell-ids.919578/ Post 17 :)

Massss

I also jump between two towers but that my 4g signal.

what i was told the closest tower should always give you 5g and the cell ID you see if the 4g tower.

You posted one which is giveing

{
"status": "ok",
"balance": 99,
"lat": -27.794165,
"lon": 30.732611,
"accuracy": 4165,
"fallback": "scf",
"address": "D427, Abaqulusi Ward 22, Abaqulusi Local Municipality, Zululand District Municipality, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa"
}

check out
https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/rain-tower-location-pm-me-your-cell-ids.919578/ Post 17 :)
Thanks, will have a look

McGuywer

Executive Member
@Massss There is a new tower up at Checkers Waverley. Does seem too far from you.
I don't know of the one that is in the Eastern direction, I am near Hertzog and 24th and I do not pick up that tower.

Massss

@Massss There is a new tower up at Checkers Waverley. Does seem too far from you.
I don't know of the one that is in the Eastern direction, I am near Hertzog and 24th and I do not pick up that tower.
That is too far for me, I think the one in the east from me is on the cnr of meyer and 23rd on the block of flats. Thanks for the info though

McGuywer

Executive Member
That is too far for me, I think the one in the east from me is on the cnr of meyer and 23rd on the block of flats. Thanks for the info though
I should really pick that one up.
I am on work VPN now but will post cell ID here when done.