Is my Fiber actually ADSL?

Rizzler

I have a new fiber connection from WA who for the last week have been unable to upgrade it to 50/50. I'm currently on 50/5.

Just noticed something odd when looking at my connection history that it lists the connection type as ADSL ?
Am I being cheated somehow? I definitely have a fiber router and Fiber cable into the home. SNAG-00913.jpg

Totempole

Expert Member
This makes sense if you're on Openserve Fibre. With Openserve, you can use ADSL data accounts over Fibre.

At any rate, if you have the equipment set up, and you're able to get 50Mb Download speeds, you're no doubt on Fibre.

Not sure why you wouldn't be able to upgrade to 50/50 though. That is strange.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I'd suspect Vumatel aerial or the like and either the line speed hasn't been correctly configured on the upgrade or the PPP account hasn't been upgraded.

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
I have a new fiber connection from WA who for the last week have been unable to upgrade it to 50/50. I'm currently on 50/5.

Just noticed something odd when looking at my connection history that it lists the connection type as ADSL ?
Am I being cheated somehow? I definitely have a fiber router and Fiber cable into the home. View attachment 493366

The dashboards that they use still seem to be from the days when they just had ADSL. They spruced them up a little recently but didnt do much functionally so wouldnt surprise me if thats the cause.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
The dashboards that they use still seem to be from the days when they just had ADSL. They spruced them up a little recently but didnt do much functionally so wouldnt surprise me if thats the cause.
It's more because it's over a layer2 PPP service so same principles as ADSL. Do you get a username and password to dial with?

Rizzler

It's more because it's over a layer2 PPP service so same principles as ADSL. Do you get a username and password to dial with?[

The connection is always on. The username ans password are in the modem/router

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
You are not the first person to complain about the upgrade from 50/5 to 50/50 @ webafrica.

Also, if it looks like a cat and meows like a cat, then it is a cat. ;)