Is Private Banking worth it?

mrmrrza

I'm extremely happy with FNB Private Wealth.
It costs me R460 per month but I get around R4000 per month back in e-bucks.
Whenever documents need signing, these are delivered straight to my door. Vehicle financing is all pre-approved and I simply walk into a dealership and pick the car that I want and there is no completion of forms, credit score checking etc (although I am cheapskate when it comes to cars).
I have a dedicated Wealth investment consultant (over and above the private banker) and he deals with all my requested from my accounts in the Channel Islands to my RA preservation funds and Ashburton Funds.
This together with the rich functionality that the FNB app/online banking provides will satisfy even the most demanding bank client.

Seems you have bought into all the 'upsells' - a question because I don't buy into these, are things like those investments beating average returns net of costs for comparable products (Allan Gray, Sygnia etc...)?

Affieplaas

Seems you have bought into all the 'upsells' - a question because I don't buy into these, are things like those investments beating average returns net of costs for comparable products (Allan Gray, Sygnia etc...)?
I have several other investments as well with Sygnia (several of their products), PPS and Alexander Forbes in addition to investments in FNB Horizon Unit Trusts, FNB Share Portfolio, Channel Island Fixed Deposit and several local money market accounts.

I don't do "upsells". I do diversification of assets and hedging against the value of the ZAR.