Is suicide SUCH a bad thing

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Suicide is a great option - especially in South Africa where we have so many people that are struggling to make a living. Instead of resorting to crime just kill yourself. If you are unhappy about the quality of your live then hey, maybe it's not worth living. So stop with the protests and riots and just commit suicide.

I honestly believe it is a wonderful solution.

KT-B

Honorary Master
Suicide is a great option - especially in South Africa where we have so many people that are struggling to make a living. Instead of resorting to crime just kill yourself. If you are unhappy about the quality of your live then hey, maybe it's not worth living. So stop with the protests and riots and just commit suicide.

Before you listen to him - read the terms of your life policy - especially if you are the breadwinner. Chances are there is a clause that nullifies your insurance policy if you take your own life. So you may be making things easier for yourself - but you are making life a whole lot harder for your family. And no - that is not a good reason to take them with you.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I am talking about people that have nothing - no job, no place to stay, no food to eat. There are many of them. They sure as hell do not have a life policy.

RedViking

Honorary Master

You explain to your little girl why you found mommy hanging from the door with your tie tonight. If she left you a letter, make sure you also read it daily before bed time. I am sure she will get over it very quickly.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
You folks are missing the point. I am talking about people that have nothing, think of people living on the streets, no family, no money, nothing. That is not a live worth living - so just end it.

Dan C

Honorary Master
I'm gonna lose it anyway
The losing card of some delay
So this is all I have to say
That suicide is painless

Splinter

Honorary Master
You folks are missing the point. I am talking about people that have nothing, think of people living on the streets, no family, no money, nothing. That is not a live worth living - so just end it.
If that was the attitude of early human beings, we would not be here today.

chicken247

Someday's i wish i was a hobo like that, no taxes, no worrying about corruption and my last paid redcent tax used like confetti at a marriage celebration where you just know the groom is gonna get ****ed , no social media mafia bs trying to spin ****,
just beach fishing in the winter and a begging bowl next to spar in summer. Maybe its the khoisan in me, i don't like this modern greed and gunning for the next buck. Am i crazy? am i sane? ,
and **** religion too.

I know there is something in the way...

Arthur

Honorary Master
If you're a materialist, there's no such thing as objective good or bad - you just arbitrarily and whimsically adopt any old views you wish and then rationalise them with your fave imitation of reason.

On the other hand...

Corelli

There is soo much potential in life. So if you want to give up so early, sure its your deal. I had a friend that committed suicide. She was in her early 40s. She had the looks and body of Elodie Yung. Actually she was hotter, and she was very successful in business but she took a gun and blew her brains out, and no one knew why. She didn't have money problems or anything, just something was wrong, and I lost my closest friend.

So before you do it, no matter how bad it is, remember you have earned the chance to live by many that have died in wars to give you this chance. All your ancestors who survived and their blood flows in you till today, part of them is in you. So why commit suicide and screw all them over. You have to live on for them, and then for yourself, and sure it may be doom and gloom, but there is dawn after darkness, and even though you may not feel it today, there will always be a dawn with new things. And lastly think of all the positive things you may do for others, even though it may not be now, but down the line. Who knows you may end up a hero.

So don't off yourself, no matter how bad. Put your mind into changing the circumstances and see how it goes. There is a lot of beauty out there, and giving up now, means you may never discover your destiny.

chicken247

If you're a materialist, there's no such thing as objective good or bad - you just arbitrarily and whimsically adopt any old views you wish and then rationalise them with your fave imitation of reason.

On the other hand...
proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

gimme a moment,

cough,

ok,

is this not universally true ?

maumau

Honorary Master
There is soo much potential in life. So if you want to give up so early, sure its your deal. I had a friend that committed suicide. She was in her early 40s. She had the looks and body of Elodie Yung. Actually she was hotter, and she was very successful in business but she took a gun and blew her brains out, and no one knew why. She didn't have money problems or anything, just something was wrong, and I lost my closest friend.

So before you do it, no matter how bad it is, remember you have earned the chance to live by many that have died in wars to give you this chance. All your ancestors who survived and their blood flows in you till today, part of them is in you. So why commit suicide and screw all them over. You have to live on for them, and then for yourself, and sure it may be doom and gloom, but there is dawn after darkness, and even though you may not feel it today, there will always be a dawn with new things. And lastly think of all the positive things you may do for others, even though it may not be now, but down the line. Who knows you may end up a hero.

So don't off yourself, no matter how bad. Put your mind into changing the circumstances and see how it goes. There is a lot of beauty out there, and giving up now, means you may never discover your destiny.
If you haven't suffered from depression you'll never understand.

Years ago some famous man (don't remember who) was interviewed on BBC. When trying to explain his depression he said it was infinitely worse than the pain he felt when his wife died.

Don't judge before walking in their shoes.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
This made me think of futurama and bender suicide booths.

Might not be a bad idea?
It is excellent at enabling evolution in a time when we have put a stop to most of the means by which survival of the fittest would operate.

Imagine if instead of people resorting to crime to get by they just end it. What a perfect world that would be.

KT-B

Honorary Master
We need people to test medicines and drugs on - why not make that a viable option for those who no longer want to live. Pay them or their families for it. Or organ harvesting - rather than letting them commit suicide - let them donate their organs to saving others.

Scifi stories abound.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Good point, I'd much rather have a hobo die than a bunny, plus animals are poor subjects for testing human products.
Can you imagine the massive saving if all those living off the state were no longer here? What a paradise that would be.

KT-B

Honorary Master
Good point, I'd much rather have a hobo die than a bunny, plus animals are poor subjects for testing human products.
Can you imagine the massive saving if all those living off the state were no longer here? What a paradise that would be.

Well it would be their choice. And as long as it would be humane - why not. I really do not think animals should suffer to see if eyeliner burns eyes. Or eye drops work. Besides - animals cannot talk and tell you how they feel. So we have to guess at most of the side effects. And they recently learned that using pigs to calculate human time of death is not as accurate as they thought. They actually need humans. It would serve two purposes.