is telkom having issues right now?

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Telkom buggered in Bloemfontein as well ...

International traffic is almost nonexistent

MASTERRRCHIEF

hope this forum can assist,

heres my issue:

I have Telkom LTE, if I do a speed test I get around 60-70 mbps download and around 20mbs upload. Now, if I go into Steam/Uplay/Origin/Gamepass I get the same download speed of around 1.5 mb/s, whereas I should be getting around 5 to 6 mb/s download
(i understand 100% the difference between mbps and mb/s)

Now.. If I constantly run speedtest in the background during a download, my download speed in the clients I mentioned will all shoot up to around +-6mb/s and my download will finish quickly.

My question is, 1) why is this the case and 2) how do I configure it to always download at the full speed without having to activate speedtest every 10 seconds.

Thanks

Louis72

Expert Member
Anyone else with Telkom Mobile issues? LTE is hopeless. Certain things work others dont at all.

Cannot load a website but Instagram works just fine? Whatsapp connects but cannot download any media.

Leftfoot

Expert Member
My Openserve Telkom fibre connection is dead at the moment…… can’t get anything as at 18:35

Rayne

Getting really tired of this ****. Can browse on 3Gg but can't log into online games.

Louis72

Expert Member
Mobile Back up for me East of PTA.
Fibre at home also Telkom worked just fine all day but had issues yesterday with random slow resolves of sites.