Is the lockdown being enforced in your area

WesleyDB

Out of curiosity , is the lockdown being enforced in your area have you seen a police or army presences or are people taking it as a 3 week long holiday?

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Please post in the COVID sub-forum, or ask the moderators to move your thread therw.

Bismuth

Expert Member
Seen about 4-5 private cars in our road, but no sign of enforcement. Maybe further up in the main road, but don't plan on going anywhere near the shops until next week, so can't say for sure.

JOEY_8

I don't see them at all either. I checked the areas cctv cameras and can't spot them anywhere

Last edited:

chrisc

Executive Member
Can hear some traffic, although the M5 is 1km from my house. Not the steady drone as on normal days. In fact by now (8.00) there is no traffic noise at all

Looked out the upstairs window and there is someone walking his dog. I recognise him, he lives 3 streets away

Neuk_

Expert Member
I won't be able to see from where our house is at the bottom of our street where just about no-one comes but am waiting for our neighborhood WhatsApp group Karen's to let us know who is sinning.

Jola

Honorary Master
Seems to be a few cars, taxis going up and down my road, as well as pedestrians. Checked on CCTV.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
There's not been a cop in sight for the past 2 days in our area. People were speeding and driving like arseholes.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Can hear some traffic, although the M5 is 1km from my house. Not the steady drone as on normal days. In fact by now (8.00) there is no traffic noise at all

Looked out the upstairs window and there is someone walking his dog. I recognise him, he lives 3 streets away
I'm about 50m from the M5 and can see the same. More cars than I expected.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
This is a bit weird. I'm so used to hearing cars and so incredibly quiet out there. I can only hear dogss barking every now and then.

I have a wife and kids, I can imagine a single person will go mad after the first few days. This is akin to solitary confinement with the difference being having access to your phone and access to the internet.

The_Ogre on day one: this **** will drive me insane if I had nobody to talk to!!!

Jase

Executive Member
For what it's worth, I saw an ADT vehicle drive by... No coppers or military at all.

TheJman

Expert Member
This is a bit weird. I'm so used to hearing cars and so incredibly quiet out there. I can only hear dogss barking every now and then.

I have a wife and kids, I can imagine a single person will go mad after the first few days. This is akin to solitary confinement with the difference being having access to your phone and access to the internet.

The_Ogre on day one: this **** will drive me insane if I had nobody to talk to!!!
so so true... went and stood outside and just the sound of nature... usually hear cars and trucks and lawnmowers... it is so so so quiet!