Is the lockdown being enforced in your area

Supervan II

Expert Member
Based on the bushes I'm going to say Seaview.

@bwana is my PE memory still good? I havent lived there in 13 years.
Yep, that's the one!

Damn, should've known that. My SO works relatively close to it and communicates with the pharmacist next door almost daily.

Vorastra

Expert Member
Nothing in my area of Durban. Apparently they're all over Umlazi and KwaMashu though, AKA the townships.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I guess I was wrong about my neighbourhood. Not even a dog has barked today.

How long until people get bored?

doodlesZHS

This morning on the way to work on the m5 from Muizenberg's side there was a road block where the law enforcement officer asked us for proof of essential service work as well as licence.At the spar close to my work cops came to shut down the baking/cooked food section

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
This morning on the way to work on the m5 from Muizenberg's side there was a road block where the law enforcement officer asked us for proof of essential service work as well as licence.At the spar close to my work cops came to shut down the baking/cooked food section
That is stupidity of the 1st order! There are many pensioners who can only afford the bakery breads!
How long can this silly nonsense carry on for!

Last edited:

ForceFate

Honorary Master
#covid19SA President Cyril Ramaphosa in a letter to the speaker of the national assembly says they have "employed" 2820 members of the #SANDF across all 9 provinces from 26 March - 26 June. This will cost R641 200 290 #lockdownSA (@tshidi_lee)

so i have it correctly they are enforcing it with 313 soldiers per province at R75k per month per soldier - correct?
GP, WC and KZN probably with get a large allocation. It includes fuel, food and other logistical arrangements I think.

zmme

What on earth for? That is beyond silly! Are they on some drunk power trip. Some people can only food those goods.

Mila

Honorary Master
This morning Solomon Mahlangu sounds like a normal saturday

thechamp

Honorary Master
I guess I was wrong about my neighbourhood. Not even a dog has barked today.

How long until people get bored?
People are bored already, especially those to whom work is a refuge for avoiding their homes. I work with guys who would do anything to avoid staying at home, work on weekends and avoid taking leave until they are forced to, fortunately for them we are also working during shutdown, they were just not going to cope.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I went to the shops to do groceries. The past week was a nightmare so we delayed the torture. Woolies has a shorter queue but they don't sell most essentials. Checkers, Spar :)sick:) and PnP have insanely long queues but it's all orderly with decent spacing. People look at each other with suspicion.

I turned around and went home with the shopping list.

zmme

I went to the shops to do groceries. The past week was a nightmare so we delayed the torture. Woolies has a shorter queue but they don't sell most essentials. Checkers, Spar :)sick:) and PnP have insanely long queues but it's all orderly with decent spacing. People look at each other with suspicion.

I turned around and went home with the shopping list.
Yeah I’m only going into the shops next week.

theratman

Executive Member
Went to the local spar at 8am hoping to avoid crowds. Was surprisingly busy and the shelves starting to look bare. Stocked up for a week and back into my hole

Reactions: Yuu

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The jogger seems to have got the message. Not present this morning at 5:30.