Is the lockdown being enforced in your area

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Nah I’m quite familiar with that.

Definitely external.

But I think Sinbad was spot on with the transformer notion, even though it’s quite far away it makes the most sense.
I would tend to agree (even though I haven't heard the sound specifically).. just thinking of something in my neighbourhood from last week.. I would hear a whine that sounded like electrical shorting... went out to investigate and found it was a street light shorting out, but it was easily 70m from my house...

bwana

MyBroadband
I would tend to agree (even though I haven't heard the sound specifically).. just thinking of something in my neighbourhood from last week.. I would hear a whine that sounded like electrical shorting... went out to investigate and found it was a street light shorting out, but it was easily 70m from my house...
I had something in the kitchen that sounded just like a running tap - eventually tracked it down to the ballast in one of the kitchen lights.

Milano

Honorary Master
Journalists observe SANDF in Johannesburg CBD now. Assisting SAPS with clearing homeless people..

Asgard85

I don't know because I am where I should be - in my house.
Having said that the general area does sound pretty quiet and peaceful, which is nice.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Out of curiosity , is the lockdown being enforced in your area have you seen a police or army presences or are people taking it as a 3 week long holiday?
How do we know? We are all inside and closeted. :ROFL: :rolleyes:

barfly777

#covid19SA President Cyril Ramaphosa in a letter to the speaker of the national assembly says they have "employed" 2820 members of the #SANDF across all 9 provinces from 26 March - 26 June. This will cost R641 200 290 #lockdownSA (@tshidi_lee)

so i have it correctly they are enforcing it with 313 soldiers per province at R75k per month per soldier - correct?

WesleyDB

#covid19SA President Cyril Ramaphosa in a letter to the speaker of the national assembly says they have "employed" 2820 members of the #SANDF across all 9 provinces from 26 March - 26 June. This will cost R641 200 290 #lockdownSA (@tshidi_lee)

so i have it correctly they are enforcing it with 313 soldiers per province at R75k per month per soldier - correct?
Probably not just salary costs in this figure