Is the PS4 better than the XBox One?

Penquin

Expert Member
From an South-African perspective, the PS4 is better. Half of the TV features from the Xbox One only works in the states and the free games on PS+ are excellent.

Deanoblado

uhm yes because the Xbox is not even available in SA yet so that makes it better in every sense.

Karl87

It all depends on what you want to use the console for:

Sony PS4: purely a gaming console with some internet browsing capabilities, however it is not multimedia friendly (cannot store videos, music,photos etc)

Xbox One: this a multimedia device made to consume various formats. However in terms of gaming PS4 has an edge regard hardware.

mr_norris

Expert Member
Seems most people already answered it.

I've heard that while the Xbox One is slightly lower specced, it makes up for it in other areas. I also find that Kinect is so BOSS after watching this:

[video=youtube;xhe6jV-APwM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhe6jV-APwM[/video]

Would I love an Xbox One? Yes. However:

- PS4 is available in SA
- So are PS4 games
- Even if Xbox One was available, PS4 would be cheaper
- Even if you managed to import an XBO, you'd still have to import games until they're available locally

So right now, in SA, PS4 > Xbox One.

Karl87

From an South-African perspective, the PS4 is better. Half of the TV features from the Xbox One only works in the states and the free games on PS+ are excellent.
Xbox has started their own subscription based loyalty program, I think it's called Xbox Gold....so I doubt that will be a differentiator in the future.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Xbox has started their own subscription based loyalty program, I think it's called Xbox Gold....so I doubt that will be a differentiator in the future.
That's ancient. But Penquin is right - we dont have netflix etc, and a lot of the XBO's feature depend on integration with your TV provider, in our case multichoice. That may or may not happen.

Karl87

The PS4 is more powerful and cheaper. Its difficult to overcome that.
Well I'm not so sure, the Xbox provides the complete ecosystem for eg. Built in kinetic this feature enable developers to produce all their games will kinetic capabilities, and this could change the gaming experience completely.

PS4 would not be able to do this as it does not know whether consumer does in fact have the PS4 eye.( btw after purchasing the eye the two consoles pretty much cost the same).

Don't underestimate the Xbox One.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Well I'm not so sure, the Xbox provides the complete ecosystem for eg. Built in kinetic this feature enable developers to produce all their games will kinetic capabilities, and this could change the gaming experience completely.

PS4 would not be able to do this as it does not know whether consumer does in fact have the PS4 eye.( btw after purchasing the eye the two consoles pretty much cost the same).

Lol. You sound like a fanboy.

Sony is kicking Microsoft's ass in sales now. Never mind since the PS1, Sony has always had the best exclusives.

If you have a PC there's no reason to get an XBone.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master

Whatever you might say about PS Eye vs Kinect, it is a fact that the PS4 is more powerful and cheaper.

That is not to say it is the better buy for a particular person - that will depend on the games that they play. But thanks to them using very similar hardware, and us knowing the specs, there is no doubt that the PS4 is more powerful. Plus there have already been comparisons between cross platform games that go in the PS4's favour.

teamed209

A few things have put me off the xbox one completely despite currently owning a 360 (and I had a PS3 as well), namely I recently bought battlefield 4 for my xbox but It requires a harddrive which my xbox does not have, I use flash sticks as my main memory source and was quite disgruntled to find you can't upload the HD pack to flash sticks for some reason (despite the PS3 version using internal flash memory if no harddrive exists in the machine). That sort of design philosophy is something I've found with the xbox...Don't get me wrong its still a great machine but the big plus was xbox live and a streamlined online experience.

Now on to the PS4 big pro's. It's cheaper, more powerful and comes with rechargeable controllers...I find it ridiculous that xbox one controllers still take batteries (you can buy a recharge pack but thats extra $$$). It's smaller and playstation plus generally gives you more free stuff than Xbox live gold.

Therefore I'm full speed ahead for a PS4, the xbox one has some nice features but I don't even know when it will be available in SA.

dleerob

I don't need XBOX's multimedia features if I have a Smart TV....I just need a gaming console :)

mr_norris

Expert Member
I recently bought battlefield 4 for my xbox but It requires a harddrive which my xbox does not have, I use flash sticks as my main memory source and was quite disgruntled to find you can't upload the HD pack to flash sticks for some reason (despite the PS3 version using internal flash memory if no harddrive exists in the machine).
The solution there is to buy an Xbox Hard Drive, yeah they're expensive, but still.