Is the Skyworth TB7000 series any good?

Dill

Hey guys, so I'm looking at getting a TV and the Skyworth TB7000 40 inch is looking like a good option. My budget is between 4k-5k and the Skyworth TVs really do look like the best bang for buck.

I've seen some Hisenses going for around that price but the android TV on Skyworth is making it an attractive option.

Any feedback on Skyworth TVs or the TB7000 series?

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I honestly dont know it
but my 4 cents worth is this
Do not buy a cheap Smart TV
its kak
the OS is outdated from when Noah built the Ark
Most apps will stop working in less than 6 months
Both my smart TV's are 3 years old and on Android 4.4.2.

Dill

I honestly dont know it
but my 4 cents worth is this
Do not buy a cheap Smart TV
its kak
the OS is outdated from when Noah built the Ark
Most apps will stop working in less than 6 months
Both my smart TV's are 3 years old and on Android 4.4.2.
What brand of TVs are those?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Sinotech and Samsung, the cheapest ones you can get
Well Sinotec is the same as Skyworth, Skyworth is the premium while Sinotec is the entry level. Hisense has also come along nicely, they also offer more features over Sinotec like HDR and such.

Pineapple Smurf

Well Sinotec is the same as Skyworth, Skyworth is the premium while Sinotec is the entry level. Hisense has also come along nicely, they also offer more features over Sinotec like HDR and such.
That's good to know
Yeah I bought the cheapest entry level models there were.
Needless to say 6 months later there is nothing smart about my tellys except they show the date and time when I switch them on

Lupus

Honorary Master
That's good to know
Yeah I bought the cheapest entry level models there were.
Needless to say 6 months later there is nothing smart about my tellys except they show the date and time when I switch them on
Oh I know, my son has a 4.4.4 Android Smart TV, I mean we stopped using that feature in 2018ish cause it was useless after that.

Pineapple Smurf

Oh I know, my son has a 4.4.4 Android Smart TV, I mean we stopped using that feature in 2018ish cause it was useless after that.
Yup, 2018 same here
Samsung JVC is on 4.4.2
Sinotech is on 4.4.4

Only apps still working are YouTube and Al Jazera and even then navigation is so slooooooooow.

I bought cheap and learnt my lesson

Pineapple Smurf

EDIT: No wait, not Samsung, what am i Saying?

My Samsung is a standard HD 32" tv, the smart tv I have in my bedroom is a JVC

Dill

Yup, 2018 same here
Samsung JVC is on 4.4.2
Sinotech is on 4.4.4

Only apps still working are YouTube and Al Jazera and even then navigation is so slooooooooow.

I bought cheap and learnt my lesson
I thought only the Skyworth TVs ran full android.

Never knew the Sinotec and JVC also have android on them.

Pineapple Smurf

I thought only the Skyworth TVs ran full android.

Never knew the Sinotec and JVC also have android on them.
My 2 do, but they're kak, I bought the cheapest models available at the time, that was in 2018.

StoneCold

Expert Member
My 2 do, but they're kak, I bought the cheapest models available at the time, that was in 2018.

I would say its not fair to compare the JVC and Sinotec's OS' with Skyworth models.

Skyworth models run Android TV as OS, not some janky mobile based Android version you'll find on some cheaper TVs and android tv boxes.

@Dill
I'd say you wouldn't make a mistake if you pull the trigger on a Skyworth. The TB7000 series runs Android TV 9, and its Google certified.

Dill

I would say its not fair to compare the JVC and Sinotec's OS' with Skyworth models.

Skyworth models run Android TV as OS, not some janky mobile based Android version you'll find on some cheaper TVs and android tv boxes.

@Dill
I'd say you wouldn't make a mistake if you pull the trigger on a Skyworth. The TB7000 series runs Android TV 9, and its Google certified.
Here's a weird one that I found on hellopeter. This guy is complaining that the UB7000 is not full HD as advertised by Skyworth but is HD ready

The Skyworth is looking attractive though since its full android. The only other full android TV is Sony but that's way out of my price range.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Just get a decent Samsung TV, without Smart features and connect a Chromecast with Google TV to it.

I've got a Samsung 40" and a Chromecast. Works fine for everything I need to do.