Is the world flat or round?

The shape of the earth.

• Round - It's simple physics, the earth can't be any shape but round, like all the other planets.

Votes: 269 78.2%
  • Round - I just believe what the schools tell me, why would they lie?

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Flat - I've done my own research and come to my own conclusion about it.

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • Flat - I don't need anyone to tell me the shape because I can clearly see that it's flat, like duh.

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Who cares - I just don't care, like what difference does that make to my life anyway?

Votes: 24 7.0%
  • A singularity - The true shape of the earth can never be known.

Votes: 24 7.0%

• Total voters

Jehosefat

Expert Member
You climb up the Burj Khalifa and you can still see a horizon. Same at 35000 ft, it's still away over there somewhere. Now look at the horizon from your pilots seat through the airplane window and maintain that same altitude (I know Geoff), and you are going to be flying parallel to the ground because the horizon is not a fixed point on a round earth. So round and round you go until you run out of fuel.

But it is of course a fixed point on a flat earth (the edge) so you'll hit it eventually.
Nope.

If you look at my earlier image, on a round earth if you fly directly towards the horizon you will follow the dashed line up to the point of the "splat". Because you are getting lower and lower the distance to the horizon gets shorter and shorter until you hit the ground.

Your point is premised on maintaining the same altitude and not at flying directly towards the horizon. And if you maintain the same altitude you don't crash in either case whereas if you fly directly towards the horizon you crash in both cases.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Nope.

If you look at my earlier image, on a round earth if you fly directly towards the horizon you will follow the dashed line up to the point of the "splat". Because you are getting lower and lower the distance to the horizon gets shorter and shorter until you hit the ground.

Your point is premised on maintaining the same altitude and not at flying directly towards the horizon. And if you maintain the same altitude you don't crash in either case whereas if you fly directly towards the horizon you crash in both cases.
On your image, if you start travelling along your dotted line, the horizon is not the initial splat point that you've shown when the plane started. The earth is so big and the plane is so small, if you're keep an eye on the horizon and taking your level from that, you'll need to be correcting the level a fraction every now and then so you'll stay parallel. But point taken, you would gradually drop like going down stairs unless you used an altimeter to stay at a constant level :p

Jehosefat

Expert Member
Like if you keep going up eventually you'll go down? I mean you balltards think space is curved and what not don't you?
No, if you keep going up you hit the dome... OBVIOUSLY *eyeroll*

If you keep going North you eventually end up going South in either case. The converse is only true on a round earth and not a flat earth though.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
If you head North then you eventually head South as well. It just takes longer.
In a properly constructed hypothesis of a disc-shaped flat earth, there can't be a North or a South, only a top and bottom, and, a middle and edge.

Hence these morons are just that, blindly stupid morons that should be the targets for natural selection to extinction.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
No, if you keep going up you hit the dome... OBVIOUSLY *eyeroll*

If you keep going North you eventually end up going South in either case. The converse is only true on a round earth and not a flat earth though.
If there is a dome, you can't fall off the edge, and then there are no places filled with monsters. :whistling::unsure:

scud

In a properly constructed hypothesis of a disc-shaped flat earth, there can't be a North or a South, only a top and bottom, and, a middle and edge.

Hence these morons are just that, blindly stupid morons that should be the targets for natural selection to extinction.
Geoff , your trying to apply modern science to this . Ain’t gonna work , you need to read from the scrolls of the elders.

Jehosefat

Expert Member

But why can you not call the middle "North" and the edge "South"? "West" and "East" could be defined in terms of a direction of rotation (e.g. clockwise and anti-clockwise).

It's not hard to define these terms to have analogous meanings on a flat earth compared to a globe earth...

ShaunyCT

I should hire a private jet and take you all with to show you how wrong you guys are.

On text everything make sense; you can say whatever you want and use a lot of what you have learned in science, however when you up there you will realise that some of the stuff you have learned about this planet and all the other things up there were all lies.

Now where did I put my credit card to pay for that flight...

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I should hire a private jet and take you all with to show you how wrong you guys are.

On text everything make sense; you can say whatever you want and use a lot of what you have learned in science, however when you up there you will realise that some of the stuff you have learned about this planet and all the other things up there were all lies.

Where do you want to take us all to? How high (not on drugs) do you want to go? and what flight plan are you proposing?
Come on, open up and tell us all, so that we can decide if we want to put our lives in your hands.

Temujin

Executive Member

Thanks, but I consider you somewhat unstable, not sure what you'll do in a confined space up in the air when you suddenly get your 'interesting' moment like the flattard in the netflix doc who proved curvature infront of the cameras... so I'll stay far away from you. However, feel free to set up a stream and post it here so we can all watch it live:thumbsup: