Is the world flat or round?

The shape of the earth.

• Round - It's simple physics, the earth can't be any shape but round, like all the other planets.

Votes: 270 78.3%
  • Round - I just believe what the schools tell me, why would they lie?

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Flat - I've done my own research and come to my own conclusion about it.

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • Flat - I don't need anyone to tell me the shape because I can clearly see that it's flat, like duh.

Votes: 16 4.6%
  • Who cares - I just don't care, like what difference does that make to my life anyway?

Votes: 24 7.0%
  • A singularity - The true shape of the earth can never be known.

Votes: 24 7.0%

• Total voters

saor

Honorary Master
I'm not asking for a flawed explanation from some random youtube video, I want your answer. Seeing as you told us in a previous reply that we should work it out without the help of text books I'm asking that you explain it without help from 3rd party sources.
Even flat earthers are too scared to actually internalize all that nonsense, hence the constant stream of YouTube replies.

EADC

Expert Member
So where are we currently? on a flat earth on the back of a giant turtle but we cant get to the edge because it is protected by a giant ice wall which we cant get to because the Illuminati and the great deception is keeping this information from us and under a giant dome? is that about the gist of it?

Praeses

Expert Member
What is the circumference of the disc that we're living on? Just wondering how the illuminati is protecting every meter of it to prevent someone from finding out The Truth?

daveza

Honorary Master
So where are we currently? on a flat earth on the back of a giant turtle but we cant get to the edge because it is protected by a giant ice wall which we cant get to because the Illuminati and the great deception is keeping this information from us and under a giant dome? is that about the gist of it?
The sun is 70 miles wide and Australia doesn't really exist.

Frequent visitor

Expert Member
Yeh it would. Gravity pulls towards the centre of mass.
And just where is the centre of mass? Does the flat earth have a thickness? Within a body does the gravity vary? Would we, being within the atmosphere be within the body? If the earth has a thickness, does it have an edge? Can you walk down the edge to the other side? What is on the other side?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
And just where is the centre of mass? Does the flat earth have a thickness? Within a body does the gravity vary? Would we, being within the atmosphere be within the body? If the earth has a thickness, does it have an edge? Can you walk down the edge to the other side? What is on the other side?

Temujin

Executive Member
Whats with this mythological 'gravity' argument... in flat earth, gravity is a lie and doesn't exist. Its all density and magnets.

Frequent visitor

Expert Member
Whats with this mythological 'gravity' argument... in flat earth, gravity is a lie and doesn't exist. Its all density and magnets.
Oh dear me, I seem to have misunderstood a little. Do you mean it is not half a million miles thick, flat on the top at least?

Temujin

Executive Member
Oh dear me, I seem to have misunderstood a little. Do you mean it is not half a million miles thick, flat on the top at least?
/shrug Will have to wait for the flattards for that answer... but shaunyct has mention there is no gravity, its all about density and magnets