Is the world flat or round?

The shape of the earth.

• Round - It's simple physics, the earth can't be any shape but round, like all the other planets.

Votes: 270 78.3%
  • Round - I just believe what the schools tell me, why would they lie?

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Flat - I've done my own research and come to my own conclusion about it.

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • Flat - I don't need anyone to tell me the shape because I can clearly see that it's flat, like duh.

Votes: 16 4.6%
  • Who cares - I just don't care, like what difference does that make to my life anyway?

Votes: 24 7.0%
  • A singularity - The true shape of the earth can never be known.

Votes: 24 7.0%

• Total voters

Sinbad

Honorary Master
/shrug Will have to wait for the flattards for that answer... but shaunyct has mention there is no gravity, its all about density and magnets
He needs to explain why **** still falls in a vacuum then...

Temujin

Executive Member
feathers are non-magnetic
According to them, everythings magnetic, the denser you are, the more magnetic you are, a feather is less dense, so less magnetic or something, so isn't attracted to the earth... well, thats what I've understood so far from the ramblings of mad men in this thread... still never got an answer as why magnets don't stick to me... maybe I'm not dense enough:whistling:

Colin62

Executive Member
According to them, everythings magnetic, the denser you are, the more magnetic you are, a feather is less dense, so less magnetic or something, so isn't attracted to the earth... well, thats what I've understood so far from the ramblings of mad men in this thread... still never got an answer as why magnets don't stick to me... maybe I'm not dense enough:whistling:
So basically it’s gravity with a different name?

Temujin

Executive Member
Why doesn't gravity pull the earth into a spherical shape?

The earth isn't pulled into a sphere because the force known as gravity exists in a greatly diminished form compared to what is commonly taught. The earth is constantly accelerating up at a rate of 32 feet per second squared (or 9.8 meters per second squared). This constant acceleration causes what you think of as gravity. Imagine sitting in a car that never stops speeding up. You will be forever pushed into your seat. The earth works much the same way. It is constantly accelerating upwards being pushed by a universal accelerator (UA) known as dark energy or aetheric wind.

There are also other theories of flat earth thought that maintain that the earth sits on an infinite plane, with the sun moving overhead. Gravity works much like it does in a round-earth model, and the earth will never form into a sphere because the plane is endless.
This is the fes explination... don't see anything about magnets and density like sct and the videos he posts ramble about, seems we are 'pushed down'... but now I see the plain is infinite too... fark, I wish they would come together and agree on one model

Sinbad

Honorary Master
This is the fes explination... don't see anything about magnets and density like sct and the videos he posts ramble about... but now I see the plain is infinite too... fark, I wish they would come together and agree on one model
what
the
actual
fck,

What happens when the earth reaches the speed of light then? Which would only take a year or so?

And if the sun is moving overhead, what stops it falling down?

Temujin

Executive Member
what
the
actual
fck,

What happens when the earth reaches the speed of light then? Which would only take a year or so?

And if the sun is moving overhead, what stops it falling down?
:ROFL: The very next FAQ below that gravity one

Objects cannot exceed the speed of light. Doesn't this mean that the Earth can't accelerate forever?

Due to special relativity, this is not the case. At this point, many readers will question the validity of any answer which uses advanced, intimidating-sounding physics terms to explain a position. However, it is true. The relevant equation is v/c = tanh (at/c). One will find that in this equation, tanh(at/c) can never exceed or equal 1. This means that velocity can never reach the speed of light, regardless of how long one accelerates for and the rate of the acceleration.

daveza

Honorary Master
There are also other theories of flat earth thought that maintain that the earth sits on an infinite plane, with the sun moving overhead. Gravity works much like it does in a round-earth model, and the earth will never form into a sphere because the plane is endless.
So where does the sun go when it sets if the ice plane goes on forever ?

I know it's only 70 miles wide but it has to go somewhere 'cos that's what we call ...dark.

Edit: But it also has to be there for the other part of the flat earth that is ...not dark.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
:ROFL: The very next FAQ below that gravity one
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

We must be as near to c as makes no difference, even if the flattards are also young earth morons... how do they explain the ability to throw a tennis ball upward then?

Temujin

Executive Member
Then also on tfes, forums are like this "On the flat Earth there is no need to invent magical terms such as gravity. Density and bouyancy explain why things fall down or float. It explains why oceans are flat. It is round earth explanations that need magic to work." etc

All want us to believe its flat, but even their preachers all send out different messages... /shrug

EADC

Expert Member
This is the fes explination... don't see anything about magnets and density like sct and the videos he posts ramble about, seems we are 'pushed down'... but now I see the plain is infinite too... fark, I wish they would come together and agree on one model
What the **** did i just read.

Solarion

Honorary Master
No reason why the Earth would be flat when every other planet in the solar system is round. Every observed planet, star or sun observed so far has been round. Why then is it just Earth that decided it was going to take a different route to the entire Universe and be flat?