Is there a Telkom rep here for me to bog on? PLEASE STAND UP!!!

Jeffrsnapln

Someone please help me. I'm trying to cancel my Telkom line and guess what - Its impossible!

I took out an 8ta 10Gb/R200 contract 2 months ago cos I got tired of paying R180 odd each month for a phone line that I don't want.

I asked the lady at the Telkom shop at the time to please cancel my Phone and ADSL line. She told me to phone 10210. I tried this and of course got put on hold. I don't know what it is that Telkom thinks most people do for a living, but I for one cannot afford to sit around next to a telephone all day waiting for someone to speak to me.

For a few weeks I tried every other day to get through to them to no avail. Even the callback service is useless as they only call back 3 or 4 hours later and by that time I am busy with something else and miss the call.

Anyway, I never got an account from Telkom at the and of that month, so I figured they had cancelled the service after all. Next month still no account, so I was sure that the account had been closed.

A week ago I get a call from VVM attorneys informing me that I've been handed over because my account hasn't been paid for 2 months. Nice.

I paid the account, and have been trying constantly for a week now to get the account closed. It cannot be done.

I spent 48 minutes on hold today ON MY CELLPHONE waiting for someone to answer. One thing I've learned with Telkom is that you can always get through to the new services people, but they insisted that I have to either speak to cancellations or go to the shop. I went to the shop today and they tell me that even they cannot cancel a service, I have to call 10210.

As I type this I am on hold again, 28 minutes and counting....

I'm beginning to get a bit pissed off, so if there is anyone here who can help, please contact me.

zizo911

Executive Member
Try going into a Telkom direct store, its normally very efficient

FNfal

Executive Member
Just take your ID book and your telephone acount to a telkom shop and they must cancell your line if you request that . i had the same problem . and take the details of the person that cancelles your line incase some thing goes wrong .

Rohan

If all else fails, PM me and I will give you the Telkom CEO (Pinky) email address...came in very handy a little while ago for me as I had a rage fit with Telkom and their poor service.

Jeffrsnapln

Finally! Got a call back from Telkom (Not sure if the timing was coincidence or if all the publicity had anything to do with it) .

It was a very slow indigenous lady, but she said she had cancelled the line. I told her I want a refund for the last 2 months line rental and she simply could not understand why anyone would make such an absurd request . I told her to at least make a note on the system or do something to indicate that I have requested it. Got put on hold for 35 minutes until I gave up in disgust and hung up.

At least the line is cancelled, that's the main thing... :)

Jeffrsnapln

Still no response from this forum, 2 other forums, Hellopeter, multiple emails to Telkom (Accounts, Escalations and Pinky), including links to all the above emailed to all the above email addresses.

I'm still not certain whether my line has been cancelled or not (I only have one callcentre lady's word that it is), and as for a refund... I just don't know if its worth the pain to push for it. :crying:

Still getting regular calls from VVM Attorneys asking why I haven't paid the account that I paid 2 weeks ago

Last edited:

Chicken Boo

There is a rep on here, named Ranger, but I've only seen him posting to tell us not to abuse flaws in Telkom's systems (i.e. when capped accounts start behaving uncapped). Pretty low profile otherwise.

unskinnybob

Expert Member
Only place to find Telscumm representation is on Battlefield servers or the golf course.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
PM me the line number and I'll see if I can get someoen to check for you if its cancelled. Not promising anything, but its worth a shot

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
I would go into a telkom shop this weekend. They may not be able to cancel the line but they should be able to access your account and confirm if the line has been cancelled.

If not tell them to phone their call centre to cancel the line while they fix you a cup of coffee :D

Jeffrsnapln

There is a rep on here, named Ranger, but I've only seen him posting to tell us not to abuse flaws in Telkom's systems (i.e. when capped accounts start behaving uncapped). Pretty low profile otherwise.
Bombed him with a few emails, PM's etc. Hope its the right guy!!:whistling:

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Looks like the line is in the process of being recovered (transferred to a different person). So its cancelled, but you never know with Telkom as they might just bill you again just because they can :D

Jeffrsnapln

Looks like the line is in the process of being recovered (transferred to a different person). So its cancelled, but you never know with Telkom as they might just bill you again just because they can :D
:mad: That is about the size of it. Because they can.

ranger

Expert Member
Still no response from this forum, 2 other forums, Hellopeter, multiple emails to Telkom (Accounts, Escalations and Pinky), including links to all the above emailed to all the above email addresses.
I believe there is currently a backlog on the escalations team.

I replied with more information by email regarding what I *can* attempt to do if your problems have not yet been resolved.

But for the benefit of other forumites, I am in a technical role supporting *just* TelkomInternet, I have no visibility of voice and ADSL business processes etc. For TelkomInternet, we are busy implementing some tools to provide better service and customer feedback on some of the communication channels.

ranger

Expert Member
There is a rep on here, named Ranger, but I've only seen him posting to tell us not to abuse flaws in Telkom's systems (i.e. when capped accounts start behaving uncapped).
I think that is a bit unfair ... I am in a technical role, and there are relatively strict policies on communication with the public.

Pretty low profile otherwise.
There is no ADSL port availability on my exchange, so I mostly only visit MyBB from work, and we have been very busy lately, and I really need to try and leave the office at a reasonable hour.

Jeffrsnapln

I believe there is currently a backlog on the escalations team.

I replied with more information by email regarding what I *can* attempt to do if your problems have not yet been resolved.

But for the benefit of other forumites, I am in a technical role supporting *just* TelkomInternet, I have no visibility of voice and ADSL business processes etc. For TelkomInternet, we are busy implementing some tools to provide better service and customer feedback on some of the communication channels.
Thanks. Any assistance is much appreciated.

Chicken Boo

There is no ADSL port availability on my exchange, so I mostly only visit MyBB from work, and we have been very busy lately, and I really need to try and leave the office at a reasonable hour.
Something's burning... smells like irony.

But anyway, hats off for posting in this thread.