Is there a way to carry over the 200gb bundle over the 12 month period?

newjourno

Expert Member
I have received mixed answers from Cell C. I phoned customer care as well as emailed them and was told that it is not possible. A rep from Cell C answered on a previous comment I made telling me it is possible as did the Cell C Facebook page but they did not elaborate on how to do it.

I bought a 200gb bundle in June last year and still have over 70gb left. As I am home most of the time now, I use WIFI mostly and this means that I am still likely to have a significant amount of data left by the expiration date.

Is there any way that I can keep it after the 12 month period?

I went to self-customer service and it also says that I have no bundles to roll-over.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi There

It is possible to extend the validity of your data, you buy a new bundle and roll over your data before it expires. Dial *147# select "My account" then option 4 (data bundle rollover).

^PN

newjourno

Expert Member
Hi There

It is possible to extend the validity of your data, you buy a new bundle and roll over your data before it expires. Dial *147# select "My account" then option 4 (data bundle rollover).

^PN

Hi,

It says "You do not have data to rollover"

Kindly advise?

newjourno

Expert Member
Hi newjourno

It certainly is possible to roll the data over.

You can dial *109# then follow the prompts for Data Roll Over.

Please see the terms and conditions of the roll over by following the link https://www.cellc.co.za/cellc/static-content/PDF/Rollover_Terms_and_conditions.pdf.

^MP

You didn't really respond to my query and basically stated exactly the same thing from your first response. Please read my comment this time.

Again, why am I getting this message?

Attachments

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
You didn't really respond to my query and basically stated exactly the same thing from your first response. Please read my comment this time.

Again, why am I getting this message?
Hello

Please PM us the number in question, your contact number and email address.

^NS

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Thank you. We have responded to your PM.

^NT

mcdui

I also have the 200GB CellC package.
What happens if I use all the 200GB up before the 12 months are up?
Can I then buy another 200GB package from that date for the the following 12 months?

newklear

I also have the 200GB CellC package.
What happens if I use all the 200GB up before the 12 months are up?
Can I then buy another 200GB package from that date for the the following 12 months?
Yes.

newjourno

Expert Member

newjourno

Expert Member
You said at first that "it certainly is possible to roll the data over" yet a rep phoned me and said the contrary. Please confirm here that you made an error if so to avoid misleading people!

kabusi

Expert Member
You said at first that "it certainly is possible to roll the data over" yet a rep phoned me and said the contrary. Please confirm here that you made an error if so to avoid misleading people!
Try registering on their website and then checking what options you have available under the data bundle rollover section. Usually a few weeks before expiry, they allow you to purchase an extension. Maybe the bundle you have can only be extended this way which from previous experience is not worth it since the cost is prohibitive.

newjourno

Expert Member
Try registering on their website and then checking what options you have available under the data bundle rollover section. Usually a few weeks before expiry, they allow you to purchase an extension. Maybe the bundle you have can only be extended this way which from previous experience is not worth it since the cost is prohibitive.

I checked online and it says I have to pay over R1128 to extend by 30 days. It's probably not worth it since I have about 52 gb remaining.

Just frustrated that they've been giving me different answers. The messages above told me I can extend yet I received a call from them saying I can't and they refuse to state here that they are causing confusion.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi newjourno

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delayed response and for the confusion. Please note that as per the T's and C's of Data Rollover, you can roll over the data you have. The reason you got that error message was because you tried to roll it over way before the expiry date. You can roll it over at least 5 days prior to the expiry date.

The Consultant who contacted you will contact you again to extend their apology for the misinformation.

^SM

newjourno

Expert Member
Hi newjourno

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delayed response and for the confusion. Please note that as per the T's and C's of Data Rollover, you can roll over the data you have. The reason you got that error message was because you tried to roll it over way before the expiry date. You can roll it over at least 5 days prior to the expiry date.

The Consultant who contacted you will contact you again to extend their apology for the misinformation.

^SM

This is absolutely ridiculous.

You took so long to even reply. I had been downloading using the data under the impression that I would have no choice but to finish it before the expiry date.

I can understand if you made an error if you had informed me earlier, I would have saved a lot of data.

Jake45

Expert Member
Do you still have to pay to roll over the data? I think the expiry date on that bundle should be two years at least considering that it costs ~R2000.

newjourno

Expert Member
Do you still have to pay to roll over the data? I think the expiry date on that bundle should be two years at least considering that it costs ~R2000.
I am being quoted a price of over R1000 to roll over the remaining 50gb that I have by one month.

kabusi

Expert Member
I am being quoted a price of over R1000 to roll over the remaining 50gb that I have by one month.
Yes, as I mentioned this is the only way I know of and the cost is prohibitive.
It makes much more sense to buy a new 200Gb bundle that you can use for a year.