Is there an active SA biker forum

Urist

Expert Member
I know there's one for
Motoring and Transportation: Cars, Bikes and Plane

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Wild Dog and Thinkbike are the ones I know of.

Just Google.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I think it's only the holier than thou prudes of Thinkbike that remains for including all things motorcycle and not just offroad.

There are the BMW forums if that's your inclination, but since they've now forced you to pay a membership to access the forum that's also gone out the window for me.

FNfal

Executive Member
There is a motorcycle federation . The natal branch is in a bit of reorganisation ATM .
They now call it the bikers unite .

joker08

Expert Member
Reason I asked is because I will be traveling to cpt cbd regularly during peak hours and want to buy a bike.
I cant afford a expensive bike so will go the second hand route.
My worry is bikes are not common in SA compared to cars and so the spares might not be as easily available.
A forum of bikers to help me would be awesome

Jan Blom

Search for Proudly Meerkat on Facebook. It is very active with more than 12000 members.

BraBean

Honorary Master
Reason I asked is because I will be traveling to cpt cbd regularly during peak hours and want to buy a bike.
I cant afford a expensive bike so will go the second hand route.
My worry is bikes are not common in SA compared to cars and so the spares might not be as easily available.
A forum of bikers to help me would be awesome
I've been on Thinkbike and doubt you'll get an overwhelming amount of practical advice on there. Most will suggest heavy bikes and will diss and ridicule anybody that suggests a small bike.
Don't even mention that you drove a scooter before....

My suggestion:

1. Honda NC750 or NC700 - @Papa Smurf has one, I believe, maybe he can tell you. He travels a few K's a day, towards Cape Town.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I've been on Thinkbike and doubt you'll get an overwhelming amount of practical advice on there. Most will suggest heavy bikes and will diss and ridicule anybody that suggests a small bike.
Don't even mention that you drove a scooter before....

My suggestion:

1. Honda NC750 or NC700 - @Papa Smurf has one, I believe, maybe he can tell you. He travels a few K's a day, towards Cape Town.
i have done 147k on my Honda NC750 DCT and no problems so far.
plenty of spares around for Honda and most other Japanese bikes so you cant go wrong there.
I travel 100km a day every day to work and back and the NC is very nimble through the traffic, brilliant commuter bike that uses very little petrol