Is there any Metrofibre helpdesk agents on the forum?

Phil Lee

Had no connectivity for 24 hours now. Logged a call, they said a contractor will contact me and takes turn around time is around 3-4 working days. I cant go without connectivity any longer... Thus, asking if there is any MFN agents to assist ASAP?

Phil Lee

Yup, its ridiculous, how do they think SLA of 72 hours are okay.
Firstly, you phone the helpdesk. Helpdesk then see if they can connect to your router. If no luck, then they escalate to maintenance. They will then try and magically see if they can fix it remotely.
If they then fail to do so, they will get a contractor out to come and do an onsite inspection. The contractor also has their own booking schedule so 72 hours seems about right, but pathetic if you ask me.

Genisys

Honorary Master
Yup, its ridiculous, how do they think SLA of 72 hours are okay.
Firstly, you phone the helpdesk. Helpdesk then see if they can connect to your router. If no luck, then they escalate to maintenance. They will then try and magically see if they can fix it remotely.
If they then fail to do so, they will get a contractor out to come and do an onsite inspection. The contractor also has their own booking schedule so 72 hours seems about right, but pathetic if you ask me.
You are complaining about not having redundancy in place and not having an actual SLA with Metro Fibre. If you really need faster turnaround times surely paying up for FTTB is worth while for you?

mono2

You are complaining about not having redundancy in place and not having an actual SLA with Metro Fibre. If you really need faster turnaround times surely paying up for FTTB is worth while for you?

Agree fully. If you so sensitive to being offline get some backup?

Armizael

This - it's a FTTH service I assume, the wait time is frustrating, but realistically it's not subject to a business SLA.

zolly

Expert Member
Had no connectivity for 24 hours now. Logged a call, they said a contractor will contact me and takes turn around time is around 3-4 working days. I cant go without connectivity any longer... Thus, asking if there is any MFN agents to assist ASAP?

As much as this situation sucks, it's why I have two backup mobile data options. Fibre can and does go down randomly and I work online so yeah, can't afford to be offline.