Is there any way for me to buy Dolby Atmos, not through the windows store?

InternetSwag

Expert Member
Hi guys, I tried Dolby Atmos and I really do like it. But I can't get my payment to work on the W10 app store, its a really poorly implement app store imo.

I tried to buy it on Dolby's website directly but all I find on their site is marketing material and fluff videos showcasing dolby...

Or if you know of a free alternative? Looking for a good EQ.

It's only R200 it shouldn't be this frustrating.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Hi guys, I tried Dolby Atmos and I really do like it. But I can't get my payment to work on the W10 app store, its a really poorly implement app store imo.

I tried to buy it on Dolby's website directly but all I find on their site is marketing material and fluff videos showcasing dolby...

Worked 1st time without any issues on my side; this being one of multiple purchases and downloads.

genetic

Honorary Master

It works perfectly my side on the Windows Store...

R199 and it asks for my credit card details - I went as far as my FNB app asking for payment approval, which I obviously declined.

It's definitely something wrong your side. Are you trying to pay by card?

Untitled-1.jpg

Crumbl0x

You can purchase a gift card on eGifts24 and redeem that to purchase, been very successful with that method on my end and it's a bonus to not give out deets to several stores.

genetic

Honorary Master
You can purchase a gift card on eGifts24 and redeem that to purchase, been very successful with that method on my end and it's a bonus to not give out deets to several stores.

Or make your life 100x easier and just use your bank card. It's a secure purchase. If you're so worried about your "deets", then use a virtual card through your bank.

vavyn

There's a modded driver for realtek with Dolby atmos
1625345903652.png
Should be the one you are looking for.

Crumbl0x

Or make your life 100x easier and just use your bank card. It's a secure purchase. If you're so worried about your "deets", then use a virtual card through your bank.
I agree and I don't use gift cards for every single site, but sometimes some stores throw hissy fits similar to OP's with regular cards and / or the accompanying process with them, and usually the gift card route is simpler and works better more often than not when this happens.

Was only throwing my 2c and you're right, I shouldn't have appended that last statement as any store would have enough of one's information regardless.

Spontaneous spinach

Expert Member
Plati market , you can get atmos code for like R80 or something. I can't remember exact cost but you just redeem the code in the Microsoft store and boom!

genetic

Honorary Master
I agree and I don't use gift cards for every single site, but sometimes some stores throw hissy fits similar to OP's with regular cards and / or the accompanying process with them, and usually the gift card route is simpler and works better more often than not when this happens.

Adblockers will sometimes block banking 3D Secure Payment popups - it's usually a not a store related issue.

genetic

Honorary Master
It's crap app store. But payment worked for me. Credit Card Visa

When I tested the Dolby Atmos payment, the Windows sore already pre-populated my credit card details. Just had to click pay. That's how GOOD their payment system is, as crap as the Win10 app store is... they make it as easy as possible to take your money. :ROFL:

I assume they got my card details from my Xbox Game Pass subscription...