is there such a thing as an affordable a3 scanner for home use in South Africa?

jxharding

Expert Member
i have a good few items i want to scan
family pictures, old workbooks, etc

especially the photo albums are much larger than A4 pages, and now it is a hell of a mission to scan parts of a page and put them together via editing software

is there such a thing as an affordable a3 scanner for home use in South Africa?

ben dover

Depends what you deem affordable?

Would it not be worth your while going to Postnet and getting them scanned, A3 scans cost around R10 each...

jxharding

Expert Member
i was looking at a Canon A4 scanner at R1000 at Incredible, so if i could double that price i'd be happy.
but it seems impossible.
looking to scan big amounts, also thought about Postnet but its gonna cost a bucketload (1000s of bucks)

esh! seems it will be best to rent a Ricoh machine from Nashua! damn!

Mars

Honorary Master
I was hunting around for an A3 scanner for a customer a while back. Couldnt find anything sub R10K and very little sub R20k. They ended up renting one of those bizhub type thingys that could scan and print A3. I think they paid something like R299 per month and then 15c for a black and white print and 95c per color print.

I found nothing that would be affordable for home use tho.

jxharding

Expert Member
I was hunting around for an A3 scanner for a customer a while back. Couldnt find anything sub R10K and very little sub R20k. They ended up renting one of those bizhub type thingys that could scan and print A3. I think they paid something like R299 per month and then 15c for a black and white print and 95c per color print.

I found nothing that would be affordable for home use tho.
holy smoke , also only found R20k scanners but thought i'd lost the plot

grok

Honorary Master
Dunno if it would suit your situation with photo albums but my Canon A4 scanner comes with software to seperate photos, i.e. you scan the whole or partial page and the software seperates the different photos into seperate scanned images. Might be a less expensive option.