Is Vodacom Fibre still as rubbish as people have historically claimed?

cvw777

I haven't seen more recent updates from (say) this year. Thanks.

Louis72

Expert Member
My old hometown has it and I do see people complain from time to time on community FB pages that their fibre is off for some reason. Have been using openserve fibre since 2017 and have only had one outage in the complex locally so reliability is super.

TheJman

Expert Member
I'm not on Vodacom... but saw this thread a few above yours :laugh::laugh:

1588594048512.png

Leno

Expert Member
Biggest reason I would not touch it is that you have to use their managed router which you have no access to

If its your only option then maybe

Only know one person who is on Vodacom FTTH and apart from one or two blips it has been ok, stays up during load shedding, good speed most of the time.

ijacobs3

Expert Member
they useless, drama from day one, eventually got out from them, and moved to websquad, much better service

Gathu

I have been running with Vodacom Fibre for the past three weeks since there is no other option in our town. My 100/100 connection have been reliable, with only one outage the past weekend for about two hours after some heavy rains.
The managed router has been less of a hassle than I thought as I use my Asus as an access point and thus still have all the functionality I had before, although my needs are fairly basic.

All in all I'm happy with the service so far and will be canceling my Telkom line. I took the Vodacom month-to-month option in order to be able to revert back to Telkom if needed after reading some of the concerns raised in the past.