Is your email address for sale?

Nod

Executive Member
Our companies contact list (world wide), was sold a while ago. Just too much effort to change all the addresses, so spam filters will just have to work harder.

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
How do you check? If you have to type in your email address to check if its not there yet it will be soon. :D

using mozilla's search function after downloading the sample ;)

cool beans - none of my email addies are on that list :cool:

kaspaas

Expert Member
Had a quick look at the ZA sample - still a number of @pixie.co.za addresses.

Pix internet has been swallowed by M-Web in 1998 already if I remember correctly.

Before being tempted to start spamming: Me mail server is still getting attempts to send mail to addresses that were killed more than 5years ago. Don't waste your money on buying such a list

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
That guy sure needs a kick inna tonkas.

Anybody read what he says on his web page?

Email more than 2,500,000+ TARGETED prospects EVERYDAY! That's over 75,000,000+ prospects per month (and growing!). Our Optin email safelists are 100% Optin and 100% legal to use. Your ad will reach only those prospects who have requested to be included in Optin safelists for people interested in new business opportunities, products and services.

100% legal my behind... :rolleyes:

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Let me guess... enter your email in this box and click check? :D

No such thing. Download the free sample and use the search function of Firefox.

I think the free sample's an old email list, the purchased list should contain newer addresses.

Not gonna do that, I'm not a spammer.

kaspaas

Expert Member
Maybe it would be a good use for the community fund: Buy it and publish it so anybody can see if this is a source of spam to him,

Oops: The spammers will enjoy getting a free source of addresses :-(

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Maybe it would be a good use for the community fund: Buy it and publish it so anybody can see if this is a source of spam to him,

Oops: The spammers will enjoy getting a free source of addresses :-(

No - this will only encourage the <censored> to publish more email addresses.

zamicro

Expert Member
What about buying it and having a check on MyBroadband to check if your email is on the list?

mancombseepgood

Executive Member
Solution #1 - report them to their own ISP and Yahoo.com:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/abuse/abuse-16.html
How do I report spam?

Easy! Don’t open a spam message. Just click inside the check-box next to it, then click Spam to let us know it’s something you’d rather not ever see again. We pay a lot of attention to spam you report to us. It gives us tools to disrupt the latest tricks and techniques that spammer individuals and spammer companies are using to try to evade our filters.

Reports of spam originating from a Yahoo! Mail account (i.e.,user@yahoo.com) receive our special attention. Since spamming is expressly prohibited in Yahoo!’s Terms of Use, any account caught spamming will be cancelled.

If you change your mind or think you made a mistake, just look for the next message from that sender in your Bulk folder and click Not Spam to reverse your vote.

mancombseepgood

Executive Member
OK, I have just reported them to Yahoo, hopefully at least one of their addys will be shut down... now to try the tom.com addy...

Done that one too, but in all honesty, the tom.com domain may even be their own... not to mention the good chance they won't understand my request lol.

What say you we all setup a gmail account and send them requests for more info... one a day with no reply... keep asking them arb questions about their service with no intention of actually using it :p

Last edited:

Cyberdude

I'd love to know if one or more of my addy's are on that list. Anyone mind to buy the list and somehow make a search to check...

Abe

Expert Member
What about buying it and having a check on MyBroadband to check if your email is on the list?

Are you going to give these snakes your Credit Card? Even supporting them in any way or form is unacceptable IMO.