Islam. . . .the Future Of Planet Earth

bk.ru

I am fully aware of what extremism does to any movement or faith. What i am saying is that Islam in its pure form is most definately a perfect religion.
Its a bad plagiarism of the scriptures. The Angel Gabriel was very clumsy. Have you read the book of Mormon? It basically came to be in a very similar story to Islam :D

bk.ru

Therefore i call on you my brothers and sisters in humanity. Save yourselves and your families from the fire. embrace the religion of Islam
If you are going to be there, I am packing marshmallows and going to hell!

pope24

Expert Member
I am fully aware of what extremism does to any movement or faith. What i am saying is that Islam in its pure form is most definately a perfect religion.
You see the problem is is that there is little real world evidence that Islam is a perfect religion. Women are treated like property, there is a tendency to dismiss local culture for one based on Arabia circa 600AD and then there is this whole sharia law thing where people get very harsh punishments for minor indiscretions.

If I had to pick one religion as the perfect one (and there are none that actually fit the bill) then buddism would probably be closest as (what little I know about it) preaches respect for all god's creatures from the smallest ant to the largest animal.

And I talk from the perspective of a practising Catholic and even I know that it isn't perfect. Admitting that Islam isn't perfect and needs to evolve is the first step towards ensuring its long term survival.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Wow! We've become an equal opportunity magnet for sky fairy worshiping cabbages.Welcome Shaheed, how long till you begin threatening us with jihad?

froggytoo

Banned
No religion is perfect. Each has it's positives as well as it's shortcomings.

PS: I couldn't care about heaven or hell. Would much rather burn than kiss ass to get into heaven and mingle with fellow asskissers.
Stop bashing the newly accepted Gay segment of our community please.

Shaheed

Banned
It Seems To Me That Budhism Is Closer To Perfect Only Because It Suits Your Thinking And Naturally Limited Understanding Of Man. You Have Not Chosen It Because Of The Profound Depth, Sense, And Truthfulness That It Offers Humanity. As You Said Yourself, You Know Very Little Of It.

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
Stop bashing the newly accepted Gay segment of our community please.
I would think that gay people would do more than just kiss it :confused:

@Shaheed: Is it possible to please type in a normal manner? Those caps are uncalled for.

froggytoo

Banned
It Seems To Me That Budhism Is Closer To Perfect Only Because It Suits Your Thinking And Naturally Limited Understanding Of Man. You Have Not Chosen It Because Of The Profound Depth, Sense, And Truthfulness That It Offers Humanity. As You Said Yourself, You Know Very Little Of It.
And you know very little about god and humanity.

I think Shaheed is a Mohamed troll trying to get some heated reaction. It is a cloned member looking for fun :D He did not comment on the supplied facts and links as Yet

Nick333

Honorary Master
And of course you must have a superior understanding of man to be making statements like that.

Evidence that religious zeal is a result of a puffed up ego more than anything else.

pope24

Expert Member
No, any religion the professes to know the mind of god should operate off the two principles that Christianity professes to: Love God and love you neighbour as yourself. Follow those two and you are on the right track. Unfortunately no one really does that, we are all too judgmental to be true believers.

I would say that it is your understanding of god that is limited, not my understanding of man. I believe that people can be good, Islam believes that people need strictly enforced rules in order to be good. It is a difference between a religion that assumes that people can be good and one which believes that they need to be forced to be good.

froggytoo

Banned
I should be asking you that, you were the one who introduced homosexuals into the thread for no apparent reason :p
PS: I couldn't care about heaven or hell. Would much rather burn than kiss ass to get into heaven and mingle with fellow asskissers.
Nope! You started as the only ones I have ever heard about is homosexuals. Unless you care to explain who or what you meant

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
Nope! You started as the only ones I have ever heard about is homosexuals. Unless you care to explain who or what you meant
Ermm the phrase kissing ass means sucking up to someone, putting your pride aside, in order to get what you want. I thought you were only kidding but now it seems as though you really are clueless :confused:

My apologies, I'll try to be more sensitive towards a persons intellectual capabilities when posting in future.

PS: Nice to have you back Pupa/Newsflash

mancombseepgood

Executive Member
I understand that shortly, muslims are expected to outnumber hindu's in India, so there is definately something in that 4.5 children per couple...
But as for the assumption that those 4.5 will embrace Islam...
what happens to a muslim child who embraces Christianity?

froggytoo

Banned
Ermm the phrase kissing ass means sucking up to someone, putting your pride aside, in order to get what you want. I thought you were only kidding but now it seems as though you really are clueless :confused:

My apologies, I'll try to be more sensitive towards a persons intellectual capabilities when posting in future.

PS: Nice to have you back Pupa/Newsflash
:confused:

Shaheed

Banned
A Few Questions For The Christians Out There. . . .

I AM GLAD FOR HAVING GONE THROUGH THE BIBLE QUITE A NUMBER OF TIMES AND ALSO HAVING ATTENDED A CATHOLIC PRIVATE SCHOOL THAT MADE BIBLE STUDY COMPULSORY UPON ITS LEARNERS.

THESE ARE A FEW QUESTIONS WHICH REMAIN UNANSWERED EVEN TO THE LECTURERES AT BIBLE COLLEGE.

1.If God is one and three at a time, then who was the God in heaven when Jesus was on earth? Wouldn’t this contradict his many references to a God in Heaven that sent him?

2.If God is three and one at the same time, who was the God in Heaven within three days between the claimed crucifixion and the claimed resurrect ion?

3.Christians say that: "The Father(F) is God, the Son(S) is God, and the Holy Ghost(H) is God, but the Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Holy Ghost, and the Holy Ghost is not the Father". In simple arithmetic and terms therefore, if F = G, S = G, and H = G, then it follows that F = S = H, while the second part of the statement suggests that F ¹ S ¹ H (meaning, "not equal"). Isn’t that a contradiction to the Christian dogma of Trinity in itself ?

4.If Jesus was God, why did he tell the man who called him "good master" not to call him "good" because accordingly, there is none good but his God in Heaven alone?

5.Why do Christians say that God is three-in-one and one in three when Jesus says in Mark 12:29: "The Lord our God is one Lord" in as many places as yet in the Bible?

6.If belief in the Trinity was such a necessary condition for being a Christian, why didn’t Jesus teach and emphasize it to the Christians during his time? How were those followers of Jesus considered Christians without ever hearing the term Trinity? Had the Trinity been the spinal cord of Christianity, Jesus would have emphasized it on many occasions and would have taught and explained it in detail to the people.

7.Christians claim that Jesus was God as they quote in John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". This is John speaking and not Jesus. Also, the Greek word for the first occurrence of God is HOTHEOS which means "the God" or "God" with a capital "G", while the Greek word for its second occurrence is "TONTHEOS", which means "a god " or "god" with a small "g". Isn’t this dishonesty and inconsistency on the part of those translating the Greek Bible? ? Isn’t such quotation in John 1:1 recognized by every Christian scholar of the Bible to have been written by a Jew named Philo Alexandria way before Jesus and John?
Wasn’t the word "god" or "TONTHEOS" also used to refer to others as well as in II Corinthians 4:4 "(and the Devil is) the god of this world" and in Exodus 7:1 "See , I have made thee (Moses ) a god to Pharaoh"?

Paul_S

Expert Member
Perfect religion?
Please explain these great principles of the Islamic religion to me then :

* Men are superior to women (surah 2:228).

* Women have half the rights of men: in court witness (surah 2:282) and in inheritance
(surah 4:11).

* A man may punish his wife by beating her (surah 4:34).

* A man may marry up to four wives at the same time (surah 4:3).

* A wife is a sex object for her husband (surah 2:223).

* Muslims must fight until their opponents submit to Islam (surah 9:29).

* A Muslim must not take a Jew or a a Christian for a friend (surah 5:51).

* A Muslim apostate must be killed (surah 9:12).

* Resisting Islam is punished by death, crucifixion or the cutting off of the hands and feet (surah 5:33).

Shaheed

Banned
JUST A FEW CRIMES FOR WHICH THE BIBLE PRESCRIBES STONING TO DEATH

1. For touching Mount Sinai Exodus 19:13
2. For taking "accursed things" Joshua 7:1-26
3. For cursing or blaspheming Leviticus 24:16
4. For adultery (including urban rape victims who fail to scream loud enough) Deuteronomy 22:23-24
5. For animals (like an ox that gores a human) Exodus 21:28
6. For a woman who is not a virgin on her wedding night Deuteronomy 22:13-21
7. For worshipping other gods Deuteronomy 17:2-5
8. For preaching the wrong religion Deuteronomy 13:5-10
9. For disobeying parents Deuteronomy 21:18-21
10. For witches and wizards Leviticus 20:27
11. For giving your children to Molech Leviticus 20:2
12. For breaking the Sabbath Numbers 15:32-56
13. For cursing the king 1 Kings 21:10
I thought it would be interesting to see how many times, and for what offenses, the Quran prescribed death by stoning.

The answer is zero. The Quran does not mention stoning as a punishment for any crime.

Paul_S

Expert Member
I'm lost now - are we debating Christianity or Islam? :confused:

Shaheed, are you going to defend your "Islam is the greatest" posts or just resort to ducking and diving by attacking other religions?
I've yet to see any meaningful debate coming out of this - I guess you lost and are now just trying to save face. :p