Islam. . . .the Future Of Planet Earth

Xarog

Honorary Master
Can we *please* stop with the mindless witnessing?

You aren't convincing anyone of your POV, both of you are just mindlessly droning on. You'd have more chance of convincing a brick wall.

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
I've looked into Islam, and it's not for me thanks, so count me out...
I like being Agnostic

About stoning...
Christian interpretation of the biblical passage has been heavily influenced by the quotation from Leviticus (19:18, see above) in Jesus of Nazareth's Sermon on the Mount. In the Expounding of the Law (part of the Sermon on the Mount), Jesus urges his followers to turn the other cheek when confronted by violence:
You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". But I say to you, do not resist an evildoer. If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Matthew 5:38-39, NRSV)

The passage continues with the importance of showing forgiveness to enemies and those who harm you. This saying of Jesus is frequently interpreted as criticism of the Old Testament teaching, and often taken as implying that "an eye for an eye" encourages excessive vengeance rather than an attempting to limit it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_eye_for_an_eye

There's another text where JC criticised those who stoned... cant remember right now though

Nick333

Honorary Master
As an impartial observer may I offer the following suggestions to both parties:

Islam is the clear loser in the "My Prophets are Less Bloody Minded than Your Prophets" round of this contest. Perhaps you could research actual body counts to prove whose religion is directly responsible for the most murder. Categories could include: massacres of pagans, murder of heretics and decimation of members of other sects within the same religion. :)

Skeptik

Banned
I AM GLAD FOR HAVING GONE THROUGH THE BIBLE QUITE A NUMBER OF TIMES AND ALSO HAVING ATTENDED A CATHOLIC PRIVATE SCHOOL THAT MADE BIBLE STUDY COMPULSORY UPON ITS LEARNERS.
Is it usual for a Catholic school to admit Muslims? I presume your parents told them ...:eek:

Nick333

Honorary Master
Is it usual for a Catholic school to admit Muslims? I presume your parents told them ...:eek:
You don't have to be Catholic to go to Catholic school.

Just for the sake of keeping it a clean fight. ;)

Skeptik

Banned
You don't have to be Catholic to go to Catholic school.

Just for the sake of keeping it a clean fight. ;)
Gosh, things have changed. What's the point in having a Catholic School if it is full of non-Catholics?

We weren't allowed to fight in school either :p

Nick333

Honorary Master
Gosh, things have changed. What's the point in having a Catholic School if it is full of non-Catholics?

We weren't allowed to fight in school either :p
I'm guessing that there are really not that many non-Catholic parents sending there kids to Catholic schools.

But what do the schools really care as long the folks have got the tom?

One thing that hasn't changed is that Catholic schools cost big $$s.

We weren't allowed to do a lot of stuff in school and it never stopped us. :D

noxibox

Honorary Master
Maybe there was a time when you had to be Catholic, but it must have been a long time ago. Of course there was a time, even further back, when Christian == Catholic.

There's another text where JC criticised those who stoned... cant remember right now though
Not perhaps let he who is without sin cast the first stone?

Neo

Expert Member
My point is:
(THE CENTRAL ELEMENT(NEW TESTAMENT) OF CHRISTIANITY DOES NOT CONDONE INDIVIDUALS KILLING INNOCENTS AND THUS DISMISSES THE OLD TESTAMENT TEXT WHICH DO!(As J.esus teaches it as it was actually taught))(The New Testament fixes part of the Old Testament so that the actual law given to the Jews could be upheld), also later in the Old Testament obligatory wars were decommissioned
You've not answered my previous response to this. Please do so instead of reposting the same response in various threads.

There are many laws in the OT where there is explicit instruction by God to kill people, not war related at all, so has got nothing to do with "decommissioning wars". The previous examples I gave you included male homosexuals, adulterers and women who did not cry out when raped inside the city walls. All these must be killed.

These are the same laws J esus instructed us to obey in the NT.

So again, my question to you: Where does J esus state which parts of the OT he 'fixed'?

- J esus tells us to obey the old laws.
- Old laws tells us to kill various types of people

Therefore, the 'Christian' NT you support instructs us to kill people.

Last edited:

bk.ru

I Can Speak Like Shaheed As Well. Look How Often I Capitalize A Word!

LabAnimal

Expert Member
I honestly think that when people try to rub off their religion onto others against their will, its nothing short of a form of discrimination.

I dunno why i think this but, I would not be surprised if this Shaheed and that other Sipho caracter that's been around on the form is one and the same - and yes, they should be banned!.

My 2c worth.

Shaheed

Banned
banning me will be nothing new. no not at all. throuout history those who spaek the truth and propagate righteousness and truth have always been opposed. so i will actually be getting the hounour of following the footsteps of Jesus, Noah, Muhammad (SAW) and all other people who call mankind to the obedience of God even if the whole world is against them.

so go ahead i say. but be a witness that i have done my duty and conveyed the Lord's message unto you. All of you

I smile knowing that you all will bear witness to this on the Day of Judgement.

web

Executive Member
banning me will be nothing new. no not at all. throuout history those who spaek the truth and propagate righteousness and truth have always been opposed. so i will actually be getting the hounour of following the footsteps of Jesus, Noah, Muhammad (SAW) and all other people who call mankind to the obedience of God even if the whole world is against them.

so go ahead i say. but be a witness that i have done my duty and conveyed the Lord's message unto you. All of you

mmmm judgement day, cant wait :D , hang on what am i waiting for ?

The Cosmos

Executive Member

There is one HUGE difference between me and you. And that is Christ. He is the central figure and theme of my being. Without Him, i am nothing, and can do nothing. Islam is the biggest religion in the world. I agree. However, if you think you did your duty, then fine. Don't mention what you believe in, and Christ in the same sentence. Christ is nothing in the islam, beside another prophet. In Christianity Christ is everything. You and I don't obey the same God. Why ? Because of Christ.

Drusky

Islam is a peaceful religon
A downright l i e.

Tell that to any man from a Muslim family who decides to convert to Christianity.

What happens to Christians who go to share their faith in Muslim countries?

fivelza

Expert Member
If your duty is to irritate instead of engage, then you have outdone yourself. If you had actually tried to convey a message you would find many here who are willing to listen to you....instead you have not conveyed anything :(