Islam. . . .the Future Of Planet Earth

Kalvaer

Expert Member
OK now even I find this thread as funny as all hell (excuse the pun) Whats with all the copy and pasting from googles searchs. I love my religon, but i'm not going to force it down your throat..

Somebody wanna pass me some of that popcorn?

Kalvaer

Expert Member
Which one is Christian popcorn..and I'm KIDDING....

Pass the lightly salted please.. will go down with a nice cold beer

Kalvaer

Expert Member
Well yeah I'm not muslim.. and I have not found that part where it says I cant yet, also was Jesus' first miracle not creating wine from water

Remember as well that I'm Catholic, we drink "wine" at mass as well:D

Kalvaer

Expert Member
Well the wine is watered down, and usually only drunk on special occasions. Its also very symbolic in its meaning, But it will take very long to explain and would Hijack this thread and interfere with our popcorn and beer drinking

fivelza

Expert Member
Well the wine is watered down, and usually only drunk on special occasions. Its also very symbolic in its meaning, But it will take very long to explain and would Hijack this thread and interfere with our popcorn and beer drinking
I appreciate that the wine is very symbolic in its meaning :)

On that note....shaheed has left the house.....

Kalvaer

Expert Member
Hehe was sure you would understand..

And its not fair he didn't even say goodbye and we haven't even started with desert yet... how rude, I'm offended :(

martin

Expert Member
Wow, I read seven pages of this hoping to gain some insight into Islam. I hope someone with a better attitude is willing to post about it at some point in time.

The Cosmos

Executive Member
How about reading "The Satanic Verses" by Salmun Rushdie. Now there's insight if you want any.

Last i saw, the book was sold at CNA.

Kalvaer

Expert Member
Wow, I read seven pages of this hoping to gain some insight into Islam. I hope someone with a better attitude is willing to post about it at some point in time.
here is a basic explaination of Islam taken from the link I posted above:

Islam
Muslims believe there is the one almighty God, named Allah, who is infinitely superior to and transcendent from humankind. Allah is viewed as the creator of the universe and the source of all good and all evil. Everything that happens is Allah's will. He is a powerful and strict judge, who will be merciful toward followers depending on the sufficiency of their life's good works and religious devotion. A follower's relationship with Allah is as a servant to Allah.

Though a Muslim honors several prophets, Muhammad is considered the last prophet and his words and lifestyle are that person's authority. To be a Muslim, one has to follow five religious duties: 1. Repeat a creed about Allah and Muhammad; 2. Recite certain prayers in Arabic five times a day; 3. Give to the needy; 4. One month each year, fast from food, drink, sex and smoking from sunrise to sunset; 5. Pilgrimage once in one's lifetime to worship at a shrine in Mecca. At death -- based on one's faithfulness to these duties -- a Muslim hopes to enter Paradise, a place of sensual pleasure. If not, they will be eternally punished in hell.

For many people, Islam matches their expectations about religion and deity. Islam teaches that there is one supreme God, who is worshiped through good deeds and disciplined religious rituals. After death a person is rewarded or punished according to their religious devotion.

Shaheed

Banned
The ultimate goal is Paradise but the main goal is to be reunited with our maker. The "sensual pleasures" are merely a reward for good deeds and imagine. that is going to be for ever and ever dude! eternal hapiness and bliss!!!!!

Kalvaer

Expert Member
The ultimate goal is Paradise but the main goal is to be reunited with our maker. The "sensual pleasures" are merely a reward for good deeds and imagine. that is going to be for ever and ever dude! eternal hapiness and bliss!!!!!
So you get to sleep with your family and wife and daughters, like your prophet... I think it skip thanks.

As I said read this from a fellow muslim http://www.everystudent.com/wires/abdul.html

Skeptik

Banned
Is this the myth about 72 dusky virgins waiting for you in Paradise??

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
No matter the faith , i always think cult when i hear words like saviour, prophet, duties, rituals, obedience, the one, all powerful, and devotion to.
When science is brought in to prove this or that, it reminds me of people rushing around trying to patch a leaky boat, and ignoring the new empty boat floating next to them.
Until people realise that these faiths are merely stepping stones to guide one on a path to greater spirituality, these "trying to prove" types will forever cloud the minds of the true meanings behind the words.

Kalvaer

Expert Member
But if I understand it right.. only a Muslim Man can divorce his wife.. she has no choice but to shut up and be happy... :eek: and your prophet went and married his step sons wife. thats just... WRONG.. kinky maybe.. but still wrong

I'll give you the quote again from the other ex-muslim I mentioned above

I began to sob with great sorrow and shame. All my life I had been told that Muhammad was the most perfect and ideal moral example for mankind and yet the Qur'an had a good number of examples of how the "revelations" could be so self-serving to the prophet himself!
And I must admit, I'm only joking around here.. I've got nothing against Islam, You believe how you want.. But I do have something against other people who try and force thier "religon" on others, no matter if you are Muslim, Jewish, Christian, or even an Athiest..

Last edited:

Shaheed

Banned
You should have been clear on the above verse from the begining. The way you presented the verse was just corrupted and made it seem like you have an agenda to decieve.