Islam. . . .the Future Of Planet Earth

nthdimension

That's not really the case. You should have a book that is explicitly stated to contain only the old, no longer applicable, rules, for those who are interested, and the neat, succinct new book that contains the new rules. There is no need to know the old rules to follow the new rules.

So basically there are now two commandments not ten.

The church as a whole follows the old and new as it suits them.

Kalvaer

Expert Member
The church as a whole follows the old and new as it suits them.
I dont think so.. I think the church still follows the ten commandments. Jesus did say he was not their to "abolish the law or the prophets" but he did make changes...

One of them was.. Turn the other cheek, hence where he said dont kill innocents.

The bible is as complicated as everyone makes out.. all you have to do is read it.. and understand the circumstance and time in which it was written. The rest is all there to easily understand. Remember it was written for a simple people, for peasents and illiterates. Its us of modern times that makes it hard to understand

If it wasn't for Jesus either.. women would not have the rights they have today.. While you might not believe in Christianity, you cant deny Jesus existed.. you have to at least thank him for changing the world and giving us freedom of choice, and women rights.

Last edited:

noxibox

Honorary Master
and understand the circumstance and time in which it was written.
Which is why it is easy to poke holes in it and declare it suspect as a genuine message from a god. We do not know how much that message has been distorted or completely destroyed in the process. It also doesn't explain why it hasn't been updated for modern times. Is God too busy write a new book?

If it wasn't for Jesus either.. women would not have the rights they have today..
That's a real stretch.

bk.ru

If it wasn't for Jesus either.. women would not have the rights they have today.. While you might not believe in Christianity, you cant deny Jesus existed.. you have to at least thank him for changing the world and giving us freedom of choice, and women rights.
Jesus's girlfriend, Mary Magdalen was labeled a whore. So not to sure how you get this right. Woman rights? What woman rights? Seems religion is a pretty male dominant world for the clergy... I mean, lets count the amount of female bishops and popes...um...none.

This is a blinder.

bk.ru

One of them was.. Turn the other cheek, hence where he said dont kill innocents.
Don't kill "innocents"? I am pretty sure he did not say that, because everyone definition of an innocent is different. Could you point me to the Bible verse that SPECIFICLY says, "do not kill innocents" I seemed to have missed it.

The bible is as complicated as everyone makes out.. all you have to do is read it.. and understand the circumstance and time in which it was written. The rest is all there to easily understand. Remember it was written for a simple people, for peasents and illiterates. Its us of modern times that makes it hard to understand
Yes, we know it was written for simple people. No argument. We just do not think God wrote it.

Kalvaer

Expert Member
Nice way for everyone to skip the main point of my argument.. So maybe just try to ignore it. I would like to know where it is said and proven that Mary Magdalen was the girlfriend/Wife/whatever of jesus.. And please dont quote the "Da Vinci Code" because.. well you know why.

My main point was to explain where it said not to kill innocents or anyone for that matter.

Oh and Noxi. If you want to know why his to busy to speak to you.. start a new thread, these discussions get derailed to easy as it is... I said in another thread i'm not here to fight and defend myself in an argumentative manner, but to provide logical explainations where I can. If you want somebody to fight with.. go fight with yourself

We all stood together when Shaheed came with his spamming, and now we are fighting amongst ourselves again when he is gone.. maybe he did exactly what he wanted with his drivel

Last edited:

Kalvaer

Expert Member
Don't kill "innocents"? I am pretty sure he did not say that, because everyone definition of an innocent is different. Could you point me to the Bible verse that SPECIFICLY says, "do not kill innocents" I seemed to have missed it.
Again.. COMPLETELY off topic.. but turning the other cheek means everyone.. not just innocents.

Yes, we know it was written for simple people. No argument. We just do not think God wrote it.
I have not once said that God wrote it either.. I do believe though that is was written by people inspired by the spirit of God. I know you are smarter than the peasents of 2000 years ago, so dont try dissect every word, but rather try to understand the meaning behind the words..

Again though.. off topic..

Neo

Expert Member
Nope not so easy.
The law of Moses and the law of God (10 commandments) are two TOTALLY different sets of laws.
The law of Moses no longer applies at all since Jesus came to do away with it through his eternal sacrifice once and for all.
The "Law" mentioned in Matthew 5:17 is referring to the "The Law" (10 commandments) not to the law of Moses. The 10 commandments still stand.

As for the law of Moses - it no longer stands :

Colossians 2:13-14
"When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you[c] alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross."

Ephesians 2:13-15
"But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations."

Hebrews 7:18-19
"The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God."

If you go read the first few chapters of Romans you'll see that righteousness is no longer attained through observing a set of rules but rather through faith in Jesus.
If one has faith and a real relationship with Him then one will automatically do what it right without having to try to follow a bunch of rules.
That's what most people don't get about Christianity (including a lot of Christians) - it has absolutely nothing to do about a set of rules - it's all about relationship.

Furthermore if you read about the account of the woman caught in adultery you'll see that Jesus extended grace and forgiveness - not condemnation through the law which is exactly what her accusers were doing.

Sorry, but you're grasping at straws. :rolleyes:

It seems YOU decided what is God's law and what is Moses's? Read the relevant chapters and you'll see they're direct instructions from God. For example, after God gave the 10 commandments he carries on telling Moses: (in Exodus 21:1) "These are the rules you shall lay before them." Then all the silly rules follow.

So please show me where the distinction is made. Where does it say in the NT MOSES's law is not valid (it was given to Moses by God in any case) and where is GOD's law identified. In the bible, not your view.

Secondly, if I was a Christian and I had a quote of Jesus's own words (as in Mathew), I'd put that above the words of some guy who lived nearly a hundred years later, would you not think?

In your quotes above where does it state that only Moses's laws got abolished?