isn't it funny...

slimothy

Banned
how when the network is fine or only experiencing minor problems we can rely on some WBS employee coming around and making a few posts but when there is havoc you might only see them in the who's online list but they don't make a single post?

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Do you see me laughing? ;)

Shaun Green

iBurst Representative
Good evening guys,

Guitly,

My computer is online all day. I am however not actively viewing all day.

As of this afternoon we have been informed by the technical team that the problems we are currently experiencing will be solved within a period of one week.

Circumstances are beyond our control - please bare with the current situation.

I will keep you informed as and when I receive more information.

Regards,

Shaun

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Shaun Green said:
Good evening guys,

Guitly,

My computer is online all day. I am however not actively viewing all day.

As of this afternoon we have been informed by the technical team that the problems we are currently experiencing will be solved within a period of one week.

Circumstances are beyond our control - please bare with the current situation.

I will keep you informed as and when I receive more information.

Regards,

Shaun
Hi Shaun

Your post is most welcome & appreciated albeit a tad tardy :D.

One request, please could you walk over to the perosn responsible for posting incidents on http://www.iburst.co.za/ns.cfm and kick their but, we need to have an incident there & regular status updates ;).

Regards

ic.

jjtoymachine

hi Shaun,
and...what? Must we all twiddle our thumbs and wait? Is WBS gonna give us back some bandwidth??

Gimli

Shaun, thanks for the information, but we need some more.
1) One week to fix what? Surely in two days you should know where the problem is?
2) If it is out of your control, who is causing this. If your supplier is letting you down, it impacts on us, and that inturn will impact our other possible choices of broadband.

Good communication with substance is what builds a good relationship with your customer. Not vaque, ..withing a week, .. out of our control, type answers. That domain belongs to Bush/Blair Inc.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
I can tell you now that weeks turn into months. Demand from WBS right now that you be compensated for a week's worth of lost/degraded service.

In fact, when someone comes here from WBS and sheepishly says "bear with us for a week" it means that they admit there's something wrong. They should be offering something tangible for the inconvenience, rather than just a sheepish grin. As a consumer, make sure that you GET back at them. Ask for an extra week's uncapped compensation or something to that effect.

MAKE IT COST THEM MONEY. If it doesn't and you're just all nice about it, they will take advantage of it again -- next time.

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
No sign of communication from WBS...

Shaun either kicked noone's ass, or he kicked the wrong ass, bcos there still has not been an incident report posted on http://www.iburst.co.za/ns.cfm, and if that were not bad enough, there has not been a single incident posted there since the 31st of March [2005 not 2004].

PS: Shaun when you get a moment I still need feedback on that other matter you were going to call me about on Monday [i.e. before all this started]. I am generally very forgiving, but I like to be engaged in conversation - just look at my post count for evidence ;).

LoneGunman

Expert Member
Im with TheRodent on this - IBurst OWE us something and we shouldnt be put in the position of sitting passively waiting till they bother to tell us anything. If/when the speeds come back, I for one wont be 'grateful' - after all, we're paying them money for a service, which includes reliable updates and information about the service, which have not been speedily forthcoming at all.

rebel

I also agree with TheRodent. Imagine what the business customers are going through. :rolleyes:
I almost convinced my dad to use iBurst for his business :eek: . WBS is just another Sentech :D :p

Crash

I'd prefer WBS spent there time fixing the problem rather than post silly little messages on the incident report, which I normally can't view when iBurst isn't working anyway.

In all honesty..... I am your average SA consumer. I don't care how it works, or why it is broken, just fix the darn thing. Nuff said.

So Shaun, if you don't come rushing to the forum everytime a tower farts or burps, i don't mind. There are normally more important things to do.

<GO ON.... START A FLAMEWAR... MAKE MY DAY>

slimothy

Banned
yes exactly, i want them to fix the problem and worry about silly messages later. If they could give back the MBs i used while downloading slow that would be cool too

Crash

Wierd.... All the people who have so much to say, or always have a opinion about everything, or how WBS should do everything, haven't posted anything?