Sinbad

Honorary Master
Google don't have the page indexed.

Yet.

/edit oh, they do.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Worse than Telkom

When I called Caitlyn and was asking about my order, she became combative, rude and blamed me for the delay. She said that they are pushing to get my order fulfilled, and that I need to get off their backs. They also said that everything I stated to them was a lie, yet all I was doing was asking about progress. She was insulting, demeaning, and rude. I don't know how such a rude company is still in business. They do not care about the customer at all and if this is how they treat you now, image what will happen when you have a technical issue later. After my enquiry, I never called them again, they were just so rude. I did email them, they read the email and never responded. 6 Months down the road and my order is still outstanding. They are much worse than Telkom. STAY AWAY!!! STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!!!
:popcorn:

I don't know their company, but I have heard about them. Do they wholesale or resell connectivity solutions?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I don't have a problem with them publishing this info. If true, it's in the public interest. If not, they'll pay.
I'm pretty sure it's in serious violation of POPI, and it's a dick move.

(note to self, never use vanilla isp for anything.)

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I agree with it, like credit scores but not official ones. Doubt its legal from POPI standpoint / ICASA maybe
I don't agree with it at all... its bollocks in the extreme, and has removed Vanilla from whatever small chance they would have had as being an ISP I would consider using.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Cool. Post your details (real name, ID number, location, you know, the stuff POPI doesn't allow) online then.
Did you notice that it wasn't the named people who published their own details?

In any case, my details are published on many websites.

Wasabee!

Expert Member
Someone please scrape that data and notify them from a throw away account.

Then get the popcorn.

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
Did you notice that it wasn't the named people who published their own details?
Well - you're assuming that the list is gospel?

e.g. they said customer owes X and does.

What happens if customer disputed bill and their tracking usage info is wrong (bad radius billing happens all the time in the industry)?

Or what happens if it's posted in error etc (I've been billed by companies for accounts I closed ages ago and have proof of closing).

The point being - it's not OK to publish this sort of data and put people at risk of ID fraud / negligence.

Arthur

Honorary Master

e.g. they said customer owes X and does.

What happens if customer disputed bill and their tracking usage info is wrong (bad radius billing happens all the time in the industry)?

Or what happens if it's posted in error etc (I've been billed by companies for accounts I closed ages ago and have proof of closing).
Same recourse as for the past 1000 years when someone wrongly suffers reputational harm at the hands of another: bring an action for defamation.

now05ster

Same recourse as for the past 1000 years when someone wrongly suffers reputational harm at the hands of another: bring an action for defamation.
If one cannot afford said legal action, what then? Just bite the bullet?

Anyway the company is in the wrong for publishing these details and if the entities did not pay then they are wrong too. Two wrongs make a right.

Arthur

Honorary Master
If one cannot afford said legal action, what then? Just bite the bullet?

Anyway the company is in the wrong for publishing these details and if the entities did not pay then they are wrong too. Two wrongs make a right.
1. If you can't afford legal action? Are you serious? The same applies to anything else in the world - if you can't afford it you do without.
2. Wrong and illegal are not the same thing. It's far from certain that it's illegal.
3. Two wrongs can never make a right.

Arthur

Honorary Master
I'm not. That's why I used "if".

jsheed_sa said:

Usual recourse, as provided in common law since Roman times.