ISP leaking defaulters data...

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Same recourse as for the past 1000 years when someone wrongly suffers reputational harm at the hands of another: bring an action for defamation.
You want to challenge them to a duel? :unsure:

Polymathic

Honorary Master
They probably about to go bust and decided to go out with one last fark you to their customers

Pablo37

If you delete the source, don't worry Google cache has got your back. Looks like some of the 96 entries list a telephone number if there is no ID :oops:

VanillaTrouble.jpg

|tera|

Master of Messengers
This is disgusting to say the least.
All these subscribers or ex-subscribers should take this poor excuse of a company to court.
It's nauseating. Sies man. Get a backbone and sort out your billing department.
It's like little kids running around crying fowl, but their own actions should be ignored.
Disgusting.

willsotaku

From memory @MraL has connections with Vanilla maybe he can shed some light on the situation, have used them as a ISP in the past about 2 years ago if memory serves me right or close about.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
They probably about to go bust and decided to go out with one last fark you to their customers
They are very much alive (we failover to them) but no idea what the motivation for this is.

I actually have zero issue with the name and shame idea, more businesses could do that, but the leaking of data is not on.

Jan

Drifting in the black
Fired off an e-mail to Alan. We've met a few times. We've had our differences before, but he's a good guy. Helped fight against those nonsense notices that "copyright holders" tried to insist that ISPs forward on to subscribers when they see your IP address on torrents.

aybbleek

Expert Member
Fired off an e-mail to Alan. We've met a few times. We've had our differences before, but he's a good guy. Helped fight against those nonsense notices that "copyright holders" tried to insist that ISPs forward on to subscribers when they see your IP address on torrents.
Only fair to get comment from Vanilla. Look forward to the feedback Jan

koeksGHT

Dealer
I have forwarded this to the POPI regulator, will see what they say.

Clear violation of the act though - publishing personally identifiable information without consent.
What if consent is in the T's and C's if you default you agree to it (not that they did I imagine in this case)