ISP leaking defaulters data...

wombling

I am on that list. A lot of people on here know me. I couldnt and shall not pay for a service which wasnt delivered to me to my satisfaction. In fact, they just ****ing lied in their advertising.

I explained to them that i am willing to sign up with them.
I explained that i use a lot of data because of streaming
I reach something like 1.5TB of data
They hmmm and haaa amongst themselves in an email and then discuss terminating my account
Some po3s adds me to the email trail so now i see what their intentions are
I tell them to go **** themselves
You are now on our name and shame list.

Honestly?

My ID number is now indexed by Google, I will make that ****er of a CEO of theirs' life hell - mind you, he's a member on here and has not made a single comment in their defence.

So, please dont blame me for being on the offensive. Even if i fail legally, I'm working on a plan to tarnish their names.
If I was in your shoes I would probably feel the same way as you do.

S.Claus

I’m sitting on the fence with this . On the one hand I agree that people who don’t pay should get punished but on the other hand it shouldn’t be done this way (doxxing your customers). They basically opened the door for possible identity theft .

Swa

Honorary Master
Not paying is a VERY South African way of dealing with things. In just about every sphere of South African business this is how people behave. Pick an industry - South Africa as a country has a massive amount of defaulters. Vanilla never broke any laws and despite what they did being unethical it was still within the bounds of what is legal.

Right now there doesn't seem to be much info as to why this even happened.
It also seems a South African way that someone tells you their requirements and you say sure. Then after a month or two it becomes clear your service is unsuitable and there is no remediation.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I am on that list. A lot of people on here know me. I couldnt and shall not pay for a service which wasnt delivered to me to my satisfaction. In fact, they just ****ing lied in their advertising.

They hmmm and haaa amongst themselves in an email and then discuss terminating my account

Honestly?

My ID number is now indexed by Google, I will make that ****er of a CEO of theirs' life hell - mind you, he's a member on here and has not made a single comment in their defence.

So, please dont blame me for being on the offensive. Even if i fail legally, I'm working on a plan to tarnish their names.
What is the CEO's name and username?

Swa

Honorary Master
I'm also not sure that they didn't break any laws. Under the ECT act personal information is confidential. This is a grey area. While POPI deals with protection of data it can be argued that this is deliberate or gross negligence at best as hence they could be culpable.

thehuman

Expert Member
I have helped someone at end of last year, told them will cost x no one else wanted to help them over new year's , when job was done i was told "i don't have money now" still waiting for payment if i call them they put phone down.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
I have helped someone at end of last year, told them will cost x no one else wanted to help them over new year's , when job was done i was told "i don't have money now" still waiting for payment if i call them they put phone down.
Name and shame

Craig

Honorary Master
I agree that there are innocent people in this most likely. Its unfortunate but before they get "taken to task" as you put it there needs to be some info as to what happened. This could easily have been someone leaving the business and giving them the bird on the way out. Happens more often than you would think.
Then they should say so and apologize.

Craig

Honorary Master

Honestly?

Name and shame the arsehole. Add his ID number as well.

lsheed_cn

Expert Member
@The_Ogre

The email i sent to the registrar bounced back. Probably best to call them.
Details below:

Mr Marks Thibela
Chief Executive Officer
Cell No. +27 (0) 82 746 4173

inforeg@justice.gov.za

Again, as I have noted already, its a clear violation of the POPI Act.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
You know, at some level you just gotta sympathize with the guys. Its hard enough to run a business as it is with tight margins and then on top of it you have people who run your business into debt by not paying.

Yeah, what they did wasn't cool. At least it happened to the right people. I guess their personal info was only worth the amount they didn't pay.

I doubt the POPI act could have prevented this. It would have just meant actual consequences for Vanilla.
Nope, can't leak contact details and ID numbers. Christ.

Reactions: Swa