ISP Shopping

DMaulidi

Good Day Guys,

I was wondering if you guys can help me make an informed decision.

I'm looking for an ISP that's reliable whose service isn't appalling. I am with Accelerit currently, I've been with them for about a year now and their services have been getting worse by the day. Like some relationships we started off great but as of late their speeds are ridiculously slow. I have a 25 meg fibre connection with them but it feels like a 4 meg line or even worse. I can't stream for more than an hour without experiencing buffering every 10 mins. Now I can't even play a game on FIFA or even COD without a lag.

So, I've checked out a few ISPs i.e. Web Africa to get Fibre through OpenServe as they are the only ones who have coverage in my area. I also, inquired with RSAWEB too. So, I was wondering if there are ones you'd recommend I checkout that I can use with OpenServe?

Thank you in advance.

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
Maybe you can get a trial account from a different ISP. That might tell you whether your problem is with OpenServe or your ISP.

I think Cool Ideas do them.

@PBCool

DMaulidi

Maybe you can get a trial account from a different ISP. That might tell you whether your problem is with OpenServe or your ISP.

I think Cool Ideas do them.

@PBCool
Thank you, I'll give them a shot. Apologies, I think I didn't explain this part correctly. OpenServe is another ISP that offers Fibre in my area apart from my current ISP. Unless my ISP was lying and is piggy backing on OpenServe. :unsure:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Thank you, I'll give them a shot. Apologies, I think I didn't explain this part correctly. OpenServe is another ISP that offers Fibre in my area apart from my current ISP. Unless my ISP was lying and is piggy backing on OpenServe. :unsure:
Openserve is the fibre provider, then ISP on-top.

Openserve is the plumbing, ISP is the water.