ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Have been waiting for Afrihost. They have never let me down yet.

fonoi

Openweb dropped prices today also

Well done to Openweb.

Rupert you dont need to "review" your uncapped offering, you need to get an Openweb or Mweb account and see how they perform versus yours, then im guessing you will switch too ;)

Last edited:

whackjob

Well done to Openweb.

Rupert you dont need to "review" your uncapped offering, you need to get an Openweb or Mweb account and see they they perform versus yours, then im guessing you will switch too ;)

I just switched to WebAfrica Uncapped around a month ago, but havent been home to use it much. It is really so bad? Havent been reading many favourable comments on the forums here lately...Plan to use for Usenet and gaming...

BGE

Expert Member
Hehe... while most of the ISP's were planning to keep the extra margin for themselves, MWEB came along and totally stuffed up their plans good and solid... well done MWEB!

Polemus

Expert Member
This is ridiculous, none of them would have changed their prices if MWEB didn't make this announcement. Every time MWEB comes with a new price, all the others jumps on the bandwagon (not that they have a choice:)).

What bothers me though, is the fact that MWEB is now in control of pricing, they've got the entire market by the *shorts*. If they decide to no longer pass the savings to the consumer, the others will probably do the same.

wesleyfraser

My question is if they can drop the 1mb uncapped by a R100 why cant they drop the 4mb price by a R100? (I'm with Openweb)

copacetic

King of the Hippies
My question is if they can drop the 1mb uncapped by a R100 why cant they drop the 4mb price by a R100? (I'm with Openweb)

If you work it out, the 4MB account is far cheaper per gig, than the 1MB account...

copacetic

King of the Hippies
What you say is true, but it would be nice to be paying a little bit less as well... If only just a little.

Can't disagree, it's always better to pay less, but I think if you look at the prices relative to one another, the 4MB accounts are STILL better then the 1MB, even after the price reduction.

Simpy

Once again, Mweb lead while the other uncapped focused ISP's scramble to follow.

Well done Mweb

Cadavre777

Expert Member
What bothers me though, is the fact that MWEB is now in control of pricing, they've got the entire market by the *shorts*. If they decide to no longer pass the savings to the consumer, the others will probably do the same.

Who else would you prefer to lead the pack in terms of pricing? WebAfrica? It is within our best interests that Mweb drops the prices, this keeps users jumping ship over to them and keeps the other ISP's on their toes. The telecoms industry is a numbers game, he who has the most wins, you can only achieve this if you can attract people through competitive quality and pricing of your product.