jeinnor30

I hope that they will be dropping the price of the 4MB soon too :) Let us all benefit from price drops please :)

Polemus

Expert Member
Who else would you prefer to lead the pack in terms of pricing? WebAfrica? It is within our best interests that Mweb drops the prices, this keeps users jumping ship over to them and keeps the other ISP's on their toes. The telecoms industry is a numbers game, he who has the most wins, you can only achieve this if you can attract people through competitive quality and pricing of your product.

I totally like the fact that mweb is leading here, right now they are the right company to do so, however, it would be nice if there was more than one ISP that determine prices.. right now (i assume) mweb sits with the biggest DSL customer base. they can only grow at this point in time (their products are great value and pricing is good), which means brand and loyalty will soon be a major contributor to their customer base. If they decide to start focusing on profit, it will take a loooong time to move those clients to cheaper ISP's (mom's and pop's), this means the competitiveness off the market is not that great.

But while mweb is focusing on service and good value for money i am a happy chappie.

Go MWEB :D

LabAnimal

Expert Member
Thats such crap, if your going to drop the prices for 1 meg, all other packages should also be dropped! Whats good for one, should be for all, dont care about the price per gig story! With openweb, and hope they will answer with a price drop soon!

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Thats such crap, if your going to drop the prices for 1 meg, all other packages should also be dropped! Whats good for one, should be for all, dont care about the price per gig story! With openweb, and hope they will answer with a price drop soon!

I'm starting to think there'd be less moaning if they had just kept their prices the same...

lexis

Dropping prices or automatically bump 386 users up to 1MB at the same price. Two sides of the same coin. The price dropping just sounds so much better.

lexis

I am a 1 MB user. The question is: if they automatically bump us up to 2 MB at the same price, do I go up, or do I "downgrade" to 1MB at a cheaper price?

MartyMarts

Spontaneous Interruption
So... is mweb gonna refund their customers for previously 'overcharging' them :twisted:

moonknight

Originally Posted by CactusJack6942
"I emailed Afrihost and they said they have no future plans for decreasing their ADSL costs."

"I hope not, else MWEB will have another new client soon !"

I agree with the above. :mad:

I phoned Afrihost earlier today to ask them why they are taking so long to respond not only to Mweb but to their other competitors and the dude I spoke to did not seem to know what I was talking about. :wtf:

I suggested he follow Mybroadband to keep up with the fast moving world & recommended he tell Gian to pull his finger out. :eek:

Afrihost used to lead the market in innovative price cuts & specials - now that they have grown, they have become what they once were competing against. Slow, bloated and non-responsive. :(

All their competitors have better deals at the moment in both capped & un-capped products. :sick:

Looks like I will be giving MWeb back my business very soon. :twisted:

Last edited:

reactor_sa

Executive Member

Got you some of this to go with that whine (help balance it out a bit):

300px-Kaasmarkt2_close.jpg

buyeye

Executive Member
Telkom was overcharging , mweb dropped prices as soon as IPC costs were cut down.

DJ...

Banned

Why should it be the same for all packages? Is this not a great step forward in changing the dynamic of broadband in that true broadband is becoming more and more affordable. I suspect that growing their basic user group base was their thought process here...

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Funny how all the companies suddenly drop their prices now that Mweb have dropped theirs.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
I think it's fairly obvious that the prices have been dropped in preparation for the line speed upgrades. Well done Mweb :)

Napalm2880

Expert Member
The deal breaker is to see if MWEB can keep up their service levels with the influx of new customers.

dazzazzad

Expert Member
I really wish MWEB would introduce high usage caps. I tend to use 80-150 gigs a month. I understand they need to keep the 4mb product fairly high for those who download almost 24/7, but what about those of us who are back in the middle of the pack?

burn

Expert Member
I really wish MWEB would introduce high usage caps. I tend to use 80-150 gigs a month. I understand they need to keep the 4mb product fairly high for those who download almost 24/7, but what about those of us who are back in the middle of the pack?

The middle of the packers are how they make their money. As a middle of the packer, I can live with it ;) Beats the hell out what I had two years ago.