Bern

Expert Member
Where are Telkom? I haven't heard anything about pricing changes on any of their capped or uncapped products? They were pegging to MWEB pricing before, wonder what the plan from their side is now?

guest2013-1

Web Africa’s COO Rupert Bryant said that while they have just released their new Home ADSL packages from R7.99 per GB, their uncapped service is next on the roadmap for review.

“We haven’t signed off any plans yet, but our goal is two-fold. To continue; (1) Offering the highest quality of service with an exceptional customer experience and (2) Ensure our customers receive fantastic deals and overall value. Expect more info soon,” said Bryant.

Translated: "Oh ****! MWEB has done it again and we never thought of it while our archaic business model clunks away. Maybe we'll do something about it in 2 years time and we can claim we're focusing on quality rather than quantity!"

goofball

Expert Member
Lets not forget Openweb also dropped their prices today.

Who says this was in response to Mweb? Their service has been great and I have never had a problem with them.

guest2013-1

Lets not forget Openweb also dropped their prices today.

Who says this was in response to Mweb? Their service has been great and I have never had a problem with them.

Since it's a one-man-band, I'm pretty sure he saw the press release and changed the pricing. You'd be surprised how quickly you can do something like that when you're not tied up in several hours/days worth of meetings and red tape with shareholders (like Web Africa) before you can make a decision and then only have to hear there is "technical issues" that also needs to be addressed by such a change and then plan for "implementation" etc.

It really is "push button, there you go" most of the time and since Openweb doesn't have a press release like MWEB, I'm thinking he changed the prices as soon as he saw MWEB doing the same thing. Because face it, these guys had a few weeks already to mull it over, it's nothing surprising nor did anyone catch them off guard really.

goofball

Expert Member
Since it's a one-man-band, I'm pretty sure he saw the press release and changed the pricing. You'd be surprised how quickly you can do something like that when you're not tied up in several hours/days worth of meetings and red tape with shareholders (like Web Africa) before you can make a decision and then only have to hear there is "technical issues" that also needs to be addressed by such a change and then plan for "implementation" etc.

It really is "push button, there you go" most of the time and since Openweb doesn't have a press release like MWEB, I'm thinking he changed the prices as soon as he saw MWEB doing the same thing. Because face it, these guys had a few weeks already to mull it over, it's nothing surprising nor did anyone catch them off guard really.

Yeah I understand that completely. But they did respond immediately to give their customers the best price. Mweb also did not bring their prices down they day the ruling was announced.

sparticus

Expert Member
Can someone please explain the total cost to me ? I am having a really k@k day and cant make heads or tails of it. I would like to know what the total cost will be for a 1meg uncap line ? With line rental etc. The total I am reading seems wrong ?

czc

Honorary Master
Can someone please explain the total cost to me ? I am having a really k@k day and cant make heads or tails of it. I would like to know what the total cost will be for a 1meg uncap line ? With line rental etc. The total I am reading seems wrong ?

R289 adsl line
R140 Telkom line
R199 Uncapped data

Last edited:

sparticus

Expert Member
THANKS GUYS ! I see now what I had wrong ! The bloddy Phone line rental ! Once again thanks , I have OCD LOL

KaMoS

Expert Member
Well done to MWEB! Industry leading stuff.

I've downloaded 4TB in 12 months @ R13000, that's R3.25 per GB. By far the best value internet in SA!