Israel Detains 5 Women for Praying at the Western Wall

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Israeli police have detained five women while praying at the Western Wall in Jerusalem for performing religious rituals that ultra-Orthodox Jews say are reserved for men.

Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld says about 120 woman arrived for their monthly prayer service Thursday and five were detained for wearing prayer shawls.

The arrests come a day after Israeli authorities proposed a compromise to diffuse tensions over their services by establishing a new section at the site where men and women can pray together.

The Western Wall, believed to be the only remaining part of the biblical Temple compound, is the holiest site where Jews can pray. It is currently divided into men's and women's sections. Orthodox rabbis, who control Israel's religious institutions, oppose mixed prayers.

The new proposal still needs government approval.

Source : Sapa-AP /pk
Date : 11 Apr 2013 09:39

killadoob

Honorary Master
Yea pretty much the same as muslims, i wonder when these countries will come right and accept women as their equals. Not very religious but if i was i would certainly want to be christian. Least backward religion :D.

ooogz

Expert Member
Yea pretty much the same as muslims, i wonder when these countries will come right and accept women as their equals. Not very religious but if i was i would certainly want to be christian. Least backward religion :D.

They cant really come right if the book they follow doesnt allow for it

killadoob

Honorary Master
They cant really come right if the book they follow doesnt allow for it

Well toss the book and wake the F up already.

Naaa christians are not nearly as bad, women have equal rights, there are churches that allow gay folk. At least in this country Christianity seems the least harsh on women and gays to me or perhaps having a leadership that is not run by a religious under tone makes a huge difference.

We don't have any religion forced on us apart from easter, xmas and so on but that is for everyone i guess. Time off to spend with the family.

Last edited:

daveza

Honorary Master
Naaa christians are not nearly as bad, women have equal rights

Not really - in many denominations women can't be priests and many believe the man is the head of the household.

Pynet

I wonder if the women were wailing at the wall when they were arrested.:whistling:

daveza

Honorary Master
So are you saying its ok that these women were arrested? Do you agree with what the Israel police did?

Uhm no ??

I'm saying that Jewish women are not the only followers of a religion where females are not equal to their male counterparts.

A ladies bar has nothing to do with religious equality.

Grant

Honorary Master
I wonder if their god objects as much as they do !
I have an apartment in sea point. Had to have special keys made for my tennents. They are not allowed to use the electonic locks on the sabbath as there is potential for the electronic locks to create a spark which constitutes fire ??

killadoob

Honorary Master
Uhm no ??

I'm saying that Jewish women are not the only followers of a religion where females are not equal to their male counterparts.

A ladies bar has nothing to do with religious equality.

In this regard it does, you have mens a section and females section. it may not be right but there is a section for females. whether they should have been arrested is another story. Surely a warning or just moving them to the correct section would have ended better.

The arrest is the issue here.

Pynet

In this regard it does, you have mens a section and females section. it may not be right but there is a section for females. whether they should have been arrested is another story. Surely a warning or just moving them to the correct section would have ended better.

The arrest is the issue here.

The article says they were arrested for wearing prayer shawls ....... so not sure if they were arrested for being in the wrong place or wearing the wrong gear.

killadoob

Honorary Master
The article says they were arrested for wearing prayer shawls ....... so not sure if they were arrested for being in the wrong place or wearing the wrong gear.

O shyte LOL who knows but either way i don't think the israeli police should be arresting people for either offense. I am sure a fine or a simple warning would suffice. They are more westernized i thought than the muslims surrounding them but perhaps i am mistaken.