Israel keeps blowing up military targets in Iran, hoping to force a confrontation before Trump can be voted out in November, sources say

abzo

Honorary Master
When has SA stolen tech? If anything, other countries stole our tech. We were world leaders in nuclear energy. We were at the fore front of technological development... until 26 years ago...

ARF.

Jabulani22

Executive Member
You're dragging too many things into the argument at the same time. So let's put this one to rest.

Why is Israel not allowed to steal tech, yet all the others do? Russia does it, China does it, Canada does it, Japan does it, hell even South Africa does it. All countries do it. It's that brother in jail you never speak of in diplomatic cicles unless exposed and it causes embarrassment. The USA has it down pat: some companies even have a dedicated defense teams set up to litigate exactly this to a profitable status - where it's cheaper to steal, pay up if caught, than develop it yourself. And it's not just software or cell phones ...

None of these countries have their backs perpetually against that proverbial wall. Why should Israel not do it if their very existence might depend on it?

FWIW, it gets rather amusing at times. Some years ago, some of the "stolen" drawings and plans were even stamped for delivery via diplomatic post, with the official stamp of country where it was stolen "from" where it was sent by them. I kid you not! :X3: :ROFL:

In turn they "stole" the improvements (I'm not sure if reciprocating embassy stamps were also done by some numpty on the return side, but I suspect not as some extremely agitated back-channel chats ensued which ended with the old set being detroyed after a fresh replacement set was received).

Tbh, I think you're being extremely naive here.
Yup everyone steals , it's the way of the world , I just wanted one of the Israel fan boys to explain why it's acceptable to have double standards .
All they could do was dig themselves deeper into murky waters.
I mean it's ok to like something but they should at least know why they chose to die on that hill ;) o_O:popcorn:

Sollie

Executive Member
When has SA stolen tech? If anything, other countries stole our tech. We were world leaders in nuclear energy. We were at the fore front of technological development... until 26 years ago...

ARF.
Until 26 yrs ago - at the fore front of technological development/exchange/theft. Let they who know laugh: "Title: Peophol".

Now, not sure at state level, but we have a rather interesting private and criminal sector.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
Officially it didn't happen, because officially Israel doesn't have, and doesn't threaten sovereign states with them.

Unofficial of course every one knows that Israel very most probably does have Nukes.

Rumour has it that in 1973 Israel was losing the Yom Kippur war after an attack by Syria and Egypt. In desperation they start loading Nukes onto their aircraft. The US got wind of it and Nixon phoned Golda Meir pledging military aid if they refrained.

No nukes were used in 1973, and US military aid enabled the Israelis to defend themselves.

Now I personally think the rumour is true, but J22 feels that the idea of Israel defending herself against two invading armies "proves" that Israel is a rogue state that should be censured.
So basically a once off freak event like the Cuban missile crises.
Nothing to see here folks.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
Having enemies does not entitle anyone to act as they please.
Tech being stolen has been around since Og discovered fire and Grog saw it , doesnt make it right.
My point is lands have been invaded, conquered and annexed by many for thousands of years. Its part of our history. The palestianians lost land as a result of one of these conquests. Has their response been to improve on their predicament or make it worse?
doesnt make it wrong either - unless you think we're living in a Utopia.

Stealing tech pales in comparison to some of the transgressions committed by other nations including our King of thieves - the ANC.

Jabulani22

Executive Member
My point is lands have been invaded, conquered and annexed by many for thousands of years. Its part of our history. The palestianians lost land as a result of one of these conquests. Has their response been to improve on their predicament or make it worse?
doesnt make it wrong either - unless you think we're living in a Utopia.

Stealing tech pales in comparison to some of the transgressions committed by other nations including our King of thieves - the ANC.
How about deliberately killing navy personnel of your ally ?
What does that pale in comparison to ?
I'm talking about the constant encroachment into Palestinian land , not land lost to conquest.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
I'm talking about the constant encroachment into Palestinian land , not land lost to conquest.
let me guess - a once of incident that happened 50y ago is proof of official Israeli policy?
Zulus massacred Xhosas at Boipatong so the offiical Zulu stance is that they kill Xhosas for a living.

As i said before - Palestians were offered land which thery refused and continue to call for the destruction of Israel
Now they have less land. They've laready adopted an all or nothing approach which means that they've severly compromised their ability to make Israel build less or break down illegal settlements.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
Yup everyone steals , it's the way of the world , I just wanted one of the Israel fan boys to explain why it's acceptable to have double standards .
All they could do was dig themselves deeper into murky waters.
I mean it's ok to like something but they should at least know why they chose to die on that hill ;) o_O:popcorn:
Ok fine - if Canada and Pakistan are strealing tech its a gross violation of international law and ethics. I condemn their actions in the utmost. Is that ok?

Jabulani22

Executive Member
let me guess - a once of incident that happened 50y ago is proof of official Israeli policy?
Zulus massacred Xhosas at Boipatong so the offiical Zulu stance is that they kill Xhosas for a living.

As i said before - Palestians were offered land which thery refused and continue to call for the destruction of Israel
Now they have less land. They've laready adopted an all or nothing approach which means that they've severly compromised their ability to make Israel build less or break down illegal settlements.
Highlighted the important part , thanks.
Ok fine - if Canada and Pakistan are strealing tech its a gross violation of international law and ethics. I condemn their actions in the utmost. Is that ok?
Just Israel would be fine for me.

alloytoo

Honorary Master
Not even close to what I said.
Jidf out in full force today .
Sorry, you apparently feel that Israel defending itself in compliance with international law and the US giving aid in support of that make them and erratic and reckless state.

I personally like a state that defends it's people and borders from invasion. I'm funny that way.

alloytoo

Honorary Master
Technically all the "Palestinian" land was lost to conquest and according to international law.

The Israelies really shouldn't have allowed the Trans-Jordanians to move back at all.

Last edited:

John Tempus

Expert Member
More recently, in fiscal year 2019, the US provided $3.8 billion in foreign military aid to Israel. Israel also benefits from about $8 billion of loan guarantees. Almost all US aid to Israel is now in the form of military assistance, while in the past it also received significant economic assistance.

And that is just what is declared .
Aid is aid , those billions should be spent on US citizens.
And how much aid is given to Africa by the US with ZERO return on investment ? You do understand the concept of Return on investment right ? The Israel investment does have a return so it is actually a tiny investment when you consider what the US spend elsewhere in the world ie. Africa, and getting sweet fkall back in return.

alloytoo

Honorary Master
And how much aid is given to Africa by the US with ZERO return on investment ? You do understand the concept of Return on investment right ? The Israel investment does have a return so it is actually a tiny investment when you consider what the US spend elsewhere in the world ie. Africa, and getting sweet fkall back in return.
I think the intention was to imply that US aid was propping up the Israeli economy, until you realize that it's 1% of GDP, all has to be spent in the Uncle Sam shop and is only a 1/4 of the Israeli defense budget.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Then they must allow China and Russia to take control of all foreign business on the continent. :)

Less liabilities for them.

Jabulani22

Executive Member
Not saying aid to anywhere is really even an investment , the US should just stop bankrolling these guys as all that seems to happen is the US troops fight and die for foreign interests , at least the "investment" in Africa doesn't generally require deaths.