Israel Strikes Gaza Terror Sites after Rockets Fired at Tel Aviv

vigras rojara

Expert Member
And if you dont?
Then dont believe in God.
I dont believe in many things, then I dont get into arguments with people who do, its simple.
And so, people believe the earth is flat, whats your point?
People believe Killary is a saint too, dosnt make it so.
If you believe in the original testament then you believe Israel was promised to the Jews.
Looking forward to my Easter eggs in a few weeks time. They were promised to me too..

nightjar

Expert Member
Israel still going ahead with illegal land invasion?
Yes.
The original decision was made in the late 1800s and it was accepted then that the existing population would have to be expelled or killed to make way for the invaders. In 1918, when the process really kicked off, the population of Palestine was 95% Muslim with the balance being mostly Jewish and Christian.

Speedster

Executive Member
Yes.
The original decision was made in the late 1800s and it was accepted then that the existing population would have to be expelled or killed to make way for the invaders. In 1918, when the process really kicked off, the population of Palestine was 95% Muslim with the balance being mostly Jewish and Christian.
The problem with this kind of reasoning is it is highly dependent on how far back in history one chooses to go as that portion of the earth has had a number of inhabitants over the centuries. Starting at 1800 is late in the game

nightjar

Expert Member
The problem with this kind of reasoning is it is highly dependent on how far back in history one chooses to go as that portion of the earth has had a number of inhabitants over the centuries. Starting at 1800 is late in the game
That's right.
If one goes by the Jewish book God told the Hebrews that Canaan was the promised land and that the residents should be slaughtered or enslaved. Since then various other powers including Assyrians, Babylonians, Romans, Arabs, Crusaders, Ottomans have all had a bit of the action.
I guess it boils down to might being right.

surface

Expert Member
Absolutely. You can find these fun facts in all religions. Here is another of those millions of gems.

When you encounter the non-believer on the battlefield, cut off their heads until you have thoroughly defeated them and then take the prisoners and tie them up firmly.

But above gem is completely harmless and it is metaphorical. It means to debate with a non-believer and remove non-believing thoughts from his head (behead). You get it now, I see.

Speedster

Executive Member
That's right.
If one goes by the Jewish book God told the Hebrews that Canaan was the promised land and that the residents should be slaughtered or enslaved. Since then various other powers including Assyrians, Babylonians, Romans, Arabs, Crusaders, Ottomans have all had a bit of the action.
Going by the Jewish book God told Abraham that Canaan would his and his descendants' long before there were other inhabitants.

nightjar

Expert Member
Going by the Jewish book God told Abraham that Canaan would his and his descendants long before there were other inhabitants.
God's word is fine as long as you are not one of his victims as these poor sods were.

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys. I Sam. 15:3,7

Deuteronomy 7:1. When the Lord your God brings you into the land where you are entering to possess it, and clears away many nations before you, the Hittites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Canaanites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and stronger than you. 2. and when the Lord your God delivers them before you and you defeat them, then you shall utterly destroy them. You shall make no covenant with them and show no favour to them.

Jericho - They devoted the city to the Lord and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it—men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys. Joshua 6:21

The subjects of Og, about whom the Lord said to Moses: "Fear him (the king of Bashan) not, for I have delivered him into thy hand." None was left alive. - Num. 21:34,35

surface

Expert Member
That's right.
According to Jumbiri version I happen to have handy, slaughtered = loved and enslaved = cherished. So, basically it means residents must be loved & cherished. I hope that clears your misunderstanding. Ask me about any religious scripture and I shall interpret it for you.

daveza

Honorary Master
God's word is fine as long as you are not one of his victims as these poor sods were.

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys. I Sam. 15:3,7

Deuteronomy 7:1. When the Lord your God brings you into the land where you are entering to possess it, and clears away many nations before you, the Hittites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Canaanites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and stronger than you. 2. and when the Lord your God delivers them before you and you defeat them, then you shall utterly destroy them. You shall make no covenant with them and show no favour to them.

Jericho - They devoted the city to the Lord and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it—men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys. Joshua 6:21

The subjects of Og, about whom the Lord said to Moses: "Fear him (the king of Bashan) not, for I have delivered him into thy hand." None was left alive. - Num. 21:34,35

Religion of peace - where have I heard that before.

Techne

Honorary Master
If you believe in God then yes, and he was around before Christianity and Islam so........
If you believe God then yes, God came along and told the Jews "game over boys, Israel is no longer a physical place, there is a New Covenant". Well, the Jews decided to kill Jesus and rebel against Logos and they still do to this day.

How is the building of the fake new temple going btw?

lived666

Executive Member
If you believe God then yes, God came along and told the Jews "game over boys, Israel is no longer a physical place, there is a New Covenant". Well, the Jews decided to kill Jesus and rebel against Logos and they still do to this day.

How is the building of the fake new temple going btw?
brush up on Christianity