Issues with Rain Peak Data and Unlimited Off Peak

jbaber_01

So I pulled my hair out today with RAIN. First off I have been using RAIN without a Peak Data limit in order for me just to subscribe to the R250 off peak unlimited. This worked fine until the end of April. A couple of weeks ago before this lockdown, I stopped the unlimited off peak as I had no use for it and had other connectivity during the day at work. So this lockdown kicked in and now I need to use RAIN again. I started using RAIN again during the lockdown and all was good. In the evening at 6pm promptly the data stops and at 10pm it switches on again. Today I started getting emails that my peak data usage is almost depleted... Knowing I do not have this and realizing I forgot to activate the unlimited off peak again, I logged into the RAIN dashboard to see what was up. First thing I was presented with on the account section is that I owe them R250. I could not do anything or get to any setting before paying this R250. Not even the Chat opened up. So I thought maybe I will pay and it could possibly be due to the unlimited off peak which is also R250 BTW. Biggest mistake..

When I paid and managed to get into the settings I noticed there is a Peak Data limit of 5Gb set on the account? How in the heck did that get there? I activated the unlimited off peak again and promptly went to chat.

I started at 110 odd in the queue... Around 40minutes later I manage to speak to a consultant. So this chap manages to get my blood pressure through the roof as when I explained the situation, and that I did not activate the peak data limit, I was promptly told that I could have been the only one to make these changes and there is nothing wrong with their system. I sent him a screenshot of the mails that gets sent at 6 saying you have reached your peak data limit, which is 0GB by the way, just to be told thanks, but you must have changed it.

The arrogance of this support guy just blowed me over. So I ask to speak to a supervisor.... He escalated and the supervisor was supposed to phone me before close of business... That did not happen either.

So 6pm comes and the internet stays on... I wait 5 more minutes, internet still on. I switch off the modem and proceed to use my mobile to log in and check. Peak usage has now creeped to 6Gb...

On the chat again... 97 in the queue. Chat stops refreshing when I'm 45 in the queue and the screen refreshes to the Rain landing page.... Try again, 76 in the queue. Got down to 50 and same thing happend.

So I killed the browser.

Guys, what do I do?
At this time no one can afford to throw money into the dark pit.... My current bill on their dashboard sits at R494...

Who can help?

Thanks!

Last edited:

jbaber_01

Oh, and by the way, I was told I am the only one who can remove this 5Gb Peak Data Limit, that their system added, and I can only do it 1st of May.....

jbaber_01

So this morning I log onto the Rain dashboard and the Peak Data limit is set back to 0Gb. This is what it always used to be.

Still no correspondence from Rain.

jbaber_01

So as a last update on this, everything has returned to normal, magically. Not a word from Rain.... No contact either. They are however R250 richer on my behalf....

Anyways.

Thanks for reading.

ngoni615

I still think you changed the peak data limit yourself. Are you sure you did not forget? maybe you were drunk? or maybe the lockdown is getting to you such that you are forgetting things. You need to have this looked at by a doctor buddy. Could be potential memory loss. How old are you bud?I do not meant to scare u though.

jbaber_01

I still think you changed the peak data limit yourself. Are you sure you did not forget? maybe you were drunk? or maybe the lockdown is getting to you such that you are forgetting things. You need to have this looked at by a doctor buddy. Could be potential memory loss. How old are you bud?I do not meant to scare u though.

Now you sound exactly like the agent whom helped me on the chat!

Good one!