'It’s hell to live like this' - life in Mitchells Plain, where residents fill potholes themselves

Thugscub

Expert Member
All thats missing are the bullet holes.
Looks like Angola, Moz etc.
Everything is fusked.

Howdy

Expert Member
You clearly don't know what you are talking about.
I'm so sorry. Am I spoiling your ... shootings?

If they aren't safe, who is? Don't bother answering, it's called a rhetorical question.

For the non-medics ... what a short memory you have, Pavlov's pet:

May I suggest you educate yourself before embarrassing yourself?

jdido87

Expert Member
Yeah erm no.

Knowing first hand of the troubles of actually performing work in the areas I think I’ll stick to what I know thanks.
OK stick to your isolated incidents. What you are referring to is not common practice at all actually but if the narrative explains the absolute lack of service delivery them its cool. It obviously cannot be something else.

jdido87

Expert Member
I'm so sorry. Am I spoiling your ... shootings?

If they aren't safe, who is? Don't bother answering, it's called a rhetorical question.

For the non-medics ... what a short memory you have, Pavlov's pet:

May I suggest you educate yourself before embarrassing yourself?
I am not embarrassing myself you are exposing yourself for the little you know. Linking Khaya and the Plain two very different places but as you were. You don't know the Plain at all. Anything to justify the poor service delivery I guess.

dj2381

Expert Member
I am not embarrassing myself you are exposing yourself for the little you know. Linking Khaya and the Plain two very different places but as you were. You don't know the Plain at all. Anything to justify the poor service delivery I guess.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Not something unique to the plain. It's our current government's national trademark. Eastern Cape, KZN and other towns near you. Just like we have CPF to help fight Crime. We gonna need the same for roads, water and sewerage.

jdido87

Expert Member
And your point is what exactly. Everyone knows there is a crime situation. Do you know how big Mitchell's Plain is with only one police station for the majority of it life. Lenteguer only came about in recent history. The Plain is by far to big for that two stations.

Whatever you okes try with this crime narrative that is fueled by poor journalism just know that it is not the reason for poor service delivery it is just but a convenient excuse. It does not explain the years of neglect. Literally nothing has been upgraded in the area nothing.

dj2381

Expert Member
And your point is what exactly. Everyone knows there is a crime situation. Do you know how big Mitchell's Plain is with only one police station for the majority of it life. Lenteguer only came about in recent history. The Plain is by far to big for that two stations.

Whatever you okes try with this crime narrative that is fueled by poor journalism just know that it is not the reason for poor service delivery it is just but a convenient excuse. It does not explain the years of neglect. Literally nothing has been upgraded in the area nothing.
It's definitely not the only reason, but it plays a big part.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Ag shêm. We also have to fix our own potholes. Muni hasnt done it for years.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Ag shêm. We also have to fix our own potholes. Muni hasnt done it for years.
But Emfuleni is s***hole, you are expected to fix your own potholes there, it's the last thing I expected from such a well run municipality like Cape Town.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Yes please DA...residents do it here themselves in PE too. And sometimes paint the roads.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
What is the DA doing for them? Or people in Khayalitsha? Doubt that a party like GOOD would be any better to be honest. Damned if you do vote, damned if you don't.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

Mmmm, so crime is actually rife and thus might affect service delivery? :unsure:

I hope the DA can get into national government and use national government resources (like SAPS, to build new police stations) to fight crime more effectively, as there are limits to their abilities with just a metro budget to do things with ito the metro police. The ANC does not seem very interested and in fact decreased the SAPS budget.

Ghost64

Expert Member
Ye, blame the poor people, it’s their fault with their gangs and violence and poverty...