It’s time to choose – Zuma or South Africa

TheChamp

Honorary Master
What's interesting is the are always MP's who abstain when there is such a vote, I really don't understands what message are they conveying when they abstain, they don't agree with the vote of no confidence but they also don't disagree with it, what middle ground can there be in such a stance?

R13...

Honorary Master
Useless politicking. ANC MP benefit as long as the ANC is in power no matter the consequences for SA. They serve the ANC 1st, their stomachs second (as that derives from 1)), and RSA 3rd. So they'll never support a motion championed by the opposition as that implies that opposition should be in rule with those MPs on the sidelines.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Déjà vu, let's rewind to the impeachment vote last time round to predict exactly how things will play out next week:

- ANC refuses to support the motion and stands up for the POS that is our president
- People start to speculate that the ANC simply want to be seen to be the decision maker and will recall Zuma themselves
- ANC sticks it's head in the sand and hopes this all blows over

stricken

Expert Member
As soon as these clowns loose Parliamentary majority in 2019 the country will be better off. 2019 cannot come sooner.

patrick123

Expert Member
Déjà vu, let's rewind to the impeachment vote last time round to predict exactly how things will play out next week:

- ANC refuses to support the motion and stands up for the POS that is our president
- People start to speculate that the ANC simply want to be seen to be the decision maker and will recall Zuma themselves
- ANC sticks it's head in the sand and hopes this all blows over

Impeachment vote needs 66% majority.
This time it is a vote of no confidence which just needs a simple majority vote.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Impeachment vote needs 66% majority.
This time it is a vote of no confidence which just needs a simple majority vote.

I'm well aware of that, and how did the two previous no confidence votes go that preceded the impeachment vote?

The result is the same every time, this will be the 4th attempt and the result will be the same, again. Of course it still needs to be done, if only to force the useless ANC to show their true colours yet again. I just hope people are not so naive that they would actually get their hopes up, they are setting themselves up for disappointment.

R13...

Honorary Master
And the spam begins...Just got this on sms

The Public Protector report shows Zuma & his ministers are corrupt. Support the motion of no confidence in Zuma - click here: http://bit.ly/2f3IqrD

The_Assimilator

Executive Member
Last night I went outside and pissed into the wind. It had more effect than this petition ever will.