It is not safe to fly SAA - NUMSA

rpm

Admin
Staff member
It is not safe to fly SAA

The National Union of Metal Workers of South Africa (NUMSA) and the South African Cabin Crew Association (SACCA) have warned South Africans not to fly SAA because of safety concerns.

NUMSA spokesperson Phakamile Hlubi-Majola said the ongoing strike means that learner pilots without the necessary experience are used to fly aircraft.

Segg

Expert Member
"We are warning all passengers not to fly SAA, because your safety cannot be guaranteed. Our members are on strike. Learner pilots and other staff are being used to fly aircraft without having the requisite experience. Some are on two-week contracts," said Hlubi-Majola.
Link

tenor.gif

Segg

Expert Member
Think he is taking rubbish though. They just want to do as much damage as possible with their strikes. Can't make everyone strike so why not discredit the company.
The average arrogance and intelligence of a union boss is coming out

Treat everyone like an idiot, and lie.

It takes years of training and work, and significant cash to fly anything SAA has in its fleet - never mind the pilots aren't on strike..... They have their own (seemingly respectable) union

The CARS and never mind insurance conditions etc will never allow for such things to happen, even the stewards have to undergo quite intense training, write CAA exams, and have a specific aircraft type endorsed on their licence, these things don't happen over night

I honestly thought I was reading an April fools article at first

Genisys

Executive Member
I would be very wary of making those statements NUMSA...

I wouldn't be surprised if SAA drags NUMSA to court for those statements.
One can only hope for SAA to drag NUMSA to court. NUMSA is making very serious allegations, and the sad reality is they are getting air time from News papers to publish their allegations. People believe what they see in news papers sadly.

RedViking

Nord of the South
And by the time SAA closes down and everyone is out of work we will be asking ourselves if the unions was ever right
The unions are part of what is destroying this country. As much as we hate the state owned companies and corruption, these unions are not much better.

Genisys

Executive Member
The unions are part of what is destroying this country. As much as we hate the state owned companies and corruption, these unions are not much better.
Unions is forcing SAA into a corner its already trying to get it self out of

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
If anything the Unions are front and center of the ongoing destruction.

If the Unions wanted a country to succeed in the short/medium/long term, they would be pushing the government to make the hard choices and retrench staff to ensure the ongoing employment of the majority of their members, rather than the very real possibility of unemployment for all of their members.

McT

The Humble Scot!
This is like a prostitute reporting another prostitute for being a whore. Don't trust a word that comes from NUMSA.
I suppose it is safe to say that the word of any union should not be trusted. They would take this country back into the dark ages to keep one worker from being retrenched.

TO be honest, the worker is not that important. It is all about their fees that they levy off the worker. Nothing else.

Jopie Fourie

Expert Member
They should declare unions illegal, ban them and arrest anyone who still function part of a union. They are terrorists aimed at destroying the economy, the country and overthrowing the government.

wingnut771

Executive Member
They should declare unions illegal, ban them and arrest anyone who still function part of a union. They are terrorists aimed at destroying the economy, the country and overthrowing the government.
then the "they" won't get any votes.

j4ck455

Executive Member
NUMSA dumbass said:
“We are warning passengers not to fly SAA because their safety cannot be guaranteed,”
Thanks for that, I already knew that before the strike started.

NUMSA dumbass said:
“Our members who are safety officers and technicians are on strike. Learners with no experience and temporary technicians are being deployed to fly SAA aircraft and act as safety officers,”
Now that I know that NUMSA members were employed as safety officers, I realise that I underestimated just how unsafe it is to fly SAA.