IT salaries in South Africa – how much money people earn

PhireSide

Executive Member
Should be easy to increase it if you sopped yourself around a bit (assuming you're worth it ;)) ...
I have two kidneys and a few other organs available so I have a backup plan in case the finances get the better of me:p

Last edited:

biometrics

Honorary Master
Busy fighting for it at the moment...but it's a losing battle as the increase is all but absorbed by escalating food prices and insurance premiums and the general cost of living. I have been told I have a good work ethic but it doesn't count for squat if your employers don't take notice...

On the plus side, I have two kidneys and a few other organs available so I have a backup plan in case the finances get the better of me:p
Or just move to the Karoo.

Neo_X

Expert Member
struggling to understand the relation between mid level/senior ( slider granularity) and the number of years experience?

think 2 to 3 years per step(making it entry level 23 years up to 43 )?

skimread

Executive Member
Nice job to whoever created this. A slider is much nicer than a table with figures.

My job title is senior yet I only earn mid-level. So if I get asked to mentor juniors I'm going to bring this up.

skimread

Executive Member
struggling to understand the relation between mid level/senior ( slider granularity) and the number of years experience?

think 2 to 3 years per step(making it entry level 23 years up to 43 )?
You can have 10 years experience and still have a job title that doesn't contain senior. If you think about it tech changes so often you are actually on the same level as thousands of graduates and self study youngsters coming into the market place.

TheGuy

Expert Member
Lol I'm the senior network and systems administrator for a company that turns over more then a Billion rand a year and I'm in the mid level salary bracket.