It took the SA Post Office 81 days to deliver a letter, which should take only 3 days

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I received my overseas parcel this week. Was sent in April. Arrived our shores in May.

Visser

Expert Member
MyBroadBand should not really complain. You got it real fast! I still have parcels from April I am waiting for.

eg2505

Honorary Master
81 days? did it come by oxen or something?

or does nobody at the post office actually do anything?

NeoAcheron

MyBroadBand should not really complain. You got it real fast! I still have parcels from April I am waiting for.
Sheer luxury! I once ordered something in December from the US, and it arrived in October the next year! They still charged me the tax as well!

LOTR

Still awaiting a letter from the UK (a letter, not a parcel) which was posted in May.

Visser

Expert Member
This from a company who's CEO earns R4 million a year.
The CEO was in it for the grants payments. He could not care less about the post office and its operations. Lot's of people wants to dip fingers into those grants payments.

Derek 6

ebendl

Expert Member
This is honestly an organisation that should just die and disappear. Get a bunch of private companies to tender for the various smaller towns to offer services. Have a review system in place -- if you can't deliver letters in 5 days or whatever then you lose your contract the next year.

My main irritation is that we have packages coming in from overseas (including for example access keys and sometimes even laptops for remote work) that are sent from Germany / UK / France via their postal services. All is fast for the first couple of days, then it hits our shores and goes into the bottomless pit that is the post office. We've had to ask customers to please courier things AGAIN since we never receive it.

I have long ago given up any expectation of receiving letters in post box (P.O box at the post office), but still check every two weeks or so. So yesterday (23 October 2018) I found a letter! The postal stamp date was 18 June 2018. The contents of the letter was dated 20 July 2017. I will not be renewing my post box (Edit: the letter was posted locally)

Derek 6

Derek 6

I have long ago given up any expectation of receiving letters in post box (P.O box at the post office), but still check every two weeks or so. So yesterday (23 October 2018) I found a letter! The postal stamp date was 18 June 2018. The contents of the letter was dated 20 July 2017. I will not be renewing my post box (Edit: the letter was posted locally)

It took 3 months for a package to be received in SA, 1 week from the same source in the UK to arrive in Australia.

BluStorm

Ordered a Jersey for my daughter from AliExpress 2018/06/01.
Arrived at Customs - 2018/06/12.
"Cleared Customs" - late August.
Still waiting for delivery, and cannot track it locally since it cleared Customs.

black4mamba

The frustration I have with SAPO is not only the delivery service, i this random fees they charge for parcels you are receiving, they charging me R100 for a parcel that postage paid, it is no more R25 now is 4 times more plus waiting period which i don't expect it to be delivered within 6 months or later or never delivered, I think we need a private PO, Traffic License have the same fee that is increasing which i don't understand exactly what are they trying to achieve.