Iterable CEO Justin Zhu fired for taking LSD before meeting

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Tech CEO fired for taking LSD before meeting

Justin Zhu, chief executive officer of digital marketing startup Iterable, was walking down Broadway in San Francisco on April 26 when he was summoned to a surprise conference call and abruptly fired.

His co-founder, Andrew Boni, and the company’s entire board told him he was losing his job, primarily because he had taken LSD before a meeting in 2019.

The incident had indeed happened—Zhu says he was trying to take a small dose to improve his focus and accidentally took too much—but he also was being fired for other reasons.

Conack

Expert Member
Bit of a clickbait heading? He tried to microdose once before a meeting and it didn't go well - his vision was distorted. He sat down and his colleague took over.

From the article:

"Toward the end of April, Zhu’s investors again asked him not to speak with the press. Shortly afterward, he got the call telling him he was fired. Zhu sat down in a park in San Francisco’s Financial District, absorbing the news. “That’s the price of justice these days,” he says. “I’d rather tell the story and even be fired.”"

-

He basically said he was fired for being too much of a "free spirit", didn't fit the profile of a "Caucasian in a suit" at meetings, and was eventually ousted from the company. Seems like a decent dude.

eg2505

Honorary Master
remember Kids, dont do drugs as appealing as it sounds.
would have been far easier to just microdose at home, where you can trip out while watching Jeprody

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
I always have to question people who insist on using the values of their home country in another one.
In my mind, if you emigrate and choose another country to call home, then you are obliged to take on that country's values.
If you dont want that, then stay where you are and everyone else accepts those same values.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Everyone always accidentally takes too much never on purpose. If he was high off his mind at work he deserved to be fired.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
I also don't really defend this guy. They lost that pitch to their investors because he was tripping.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Flipping stupid to microdose for the first time before an important meeting. And to not properly measure the dosage.

It shows incredibly poor judgment, and I say this as someone who grows both magic mushrooms and psychedelic cacti and who consumes both.

I'd fire him for being such an idiot. Microdose if you want, but A) do some research first and B) don't do it before an important meeting.

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
Bit of a clickbait heading? He tried to microdose once before a meeting and it didn't go well - his vision was distorted. He sat down and his colleague took over.

From the article:

"Toward the end of April, Zhu’s investors again asked him not to speak with the press. Shortly afterward, he got the call telling him he was fired. Zhu sat down in a park in San Francisco’s Financial District, absorbing the news. “That’s the price of justice these days,” he says. “I’d rather tell the story and even be fired.”"

-

He basically said he was fired for being too much of a "free spirit", didn't fit the profile of a "Caucasian in a suit" at meetings, and was eventually ousted from the company. Seems like a decent dude.
'fired for being too much of a "free spirit", didn't fit the profile of a "Caucasian in a suit'

Bull, he was fired for being high on the job. What a chop.

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
I always have to question people who insist on using the values of their home country in another one.
In my mind, if you emigrate and choose another country to call home, then you are obliged to take on that country's values.
If you dont want that, then stay where you are and everyone else accepts those same values.
He should have embraced being a Caucasian in a suit lol