It's Beamers versus Benzes at the Department of Communications

K

kingrob

It seems like having the bigger and better car suggests you :

a) have more influential friends in the anc
b) more brain power
c) stay at 5-star hotels more often, while your government house is refurbished (again)

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Yes its entirely unreasonable to expect a minister to make do with a mere 2,2 million worth of cars. That would barely be acceptable transport for peasants let alone ministers. :rolleyes:

she preferred a vehicle with better ground clearance.
Perhaps the department of communication could attempt to communicate with the department of transport about those potholes then...

froot

Honorary Master
Yes its entirely unreasonable to expect a minister to make do with a mere 2,2 million worth of cars. That would barely be acceptable transport for peasants let alone ministers. :rolleyes:

Perhaps the department of communication could attempt to communicate with the department of transport about those potholes then...

Ground clearance? What for? So she wouldn't hit the sump on her ego?

Roadrunner

Expert Member
LOL @ "ground clearance".

Don't think the Tokoloshe will catch you at the speeds your entourage is barrelling down the N1! :D

Just put it on bricks in the garage and you will be fine.

Last edited:

Mouse

Expert Member
With crap driving i'd rather drive a 7-series than a ML.... lower center of gravity.

I meant so that she can climb over curbs, peasants and telecoms workers without worrying about damaging the car or getting it stuck

Vice

Expert Member
LOL @ "ground clearance".

Don't think the Tokoloshe will catch you at the speeds your entourage is barrelling down the N1! :D

Just put it on bricks in the garage and you will be fine.

That sounds racist:(

Bern

Expert Member
With crap driving i'd rather drive a 7-series than a ML.... lower center of gravity.

Much better car[BMW] - an ML is pretty much useless offroad anyway, so stick with a better car on the road!

But **** ME these ministers take the piss - DoC should all drive Tata Nanos until they sort out:
Digital TV migration
Spectrum Allocation for mobile data
Telkom being split in to separate wholesale and retail
and while they are at it maybe look at the 40-450 spectrum as well??

Once everyone can enjoy digital TV and a 10Mbps or faster LTE connection at a reasonable price (due to a good, fair competitive environment) then you can get out of the Nano and back in to your luxury sedan or SUV.

entrepr

Expert Member
I wish we could for once have a minister who is more concerned about the high costs of doing business in South Africa and the millions of people on the wrong side of the digital divide and not some career politician fighting about the car they drive!

Roadrunner

Expert Member
That sounds racist:(

Yes, it does. I agree.

However, if we cannot make goodhearted fun of those who are bleeding the country dry once in a while, then what else can you do?

It's not like I started chanting some song about asking someone to hand me my slingshot. ;)

Last edited:

j4ck455

Executive Member
the presidency said that a car swap was not possible

I hope that doesn't mean what I think it means - that the minister must purchase new 4x4s instead of setting a "bad example" by using the 4x4s she was already using before she got promoted.

rorz0r

Executive Member
If she prefers a vehicle with better ground clearance then how about she buys her own ****ing vehicle...?

extremist

Well at least they were fighting over cars they've already bought rather than buying new ones.