It's not so simple for Telkom

stricken

Expert Member
well... boo bladdy hoo... cry me river. (still waiting for ADSL, 2 months and 15 phonecalls later because apparently its too much to ask to sync at 4mbps IN THE MIDDLE OF ****ING SANDTON!)

LFX

Expert Member
LOL@stricken

but isn't that where they test all the new fast stuff first?

Antonf

Expert Member
I really don't know what the complaint is about! Telkom and Simple are synonymous!

Saman

Stop trying to bull**** South Africa Telkom! :mad:: Give us real, viable adsl services at reasonable cost.

MickeyD

RIP
The issue at hand was that initially the Simple package was only available to NEW subscribers, i.e. if you had any existing Telkom service (even a prepaid voice service) you did not qualify. Even us here on MyBB picked up on that at the initial launch of this "special". It was hidden away in a small little sentence in the advert and the only hint was the use of the word "NEW"!! My father-in-law found that out to his detriment (and anger) when it was explained to him at a Telkom Direct shop.

Telkom has now revised the Simple package to include existing subscribers who want to convert their prepaid voice or dial-up internet service (POTS) to ADSL.

The question is "Why did they not do this from the bloody start"????

Last edited:

dominic

Legal Expert: Telecoms
The question is "Why did they not do this from the bloody start"????

Yes. Although i can think of at least one competition-related reason and the way this product is structured and marketed may well bite Telkom's ass quite badly later this year.

murraybiscuit

Executive Member
Yes. Although i can think of at least one competition-related reason and the way this product is structured and marketed may well bite Telkom's ass quite badly later this year.

yeah, exactly the type of malady the cpa was prescribed for.

MickeyD

RIP
They will probably withdraw this product in this format prior to LLU.

SomeoneEls

well... boo bladdy hoo... cry me river. (still waiting for ADSL, 2 months and 15 phonecalls later because apparently its too much to ask to sync at 4mbps IN THE MIDDLE OF ****ING SANDTON!)

Got my new line installed in Cape Town CBD within 3 days getting 10Mbps as well...
Move to the cape I say.

RichardG

Honorary Master
I wouldn't sign a 2year contract with telkom ever that means I am signing away my life :(

People will be suckers signing up for such deals.